IV. Heart of a Lioness

"SHE INTENDS TO SPEND AS MUCH OF HER AVAILABLE TIME WITH YOU AS SHE CAN," Tyrion casually remarked to his niece while they walked to break their fast together

"SHE INTENDS TO SPEND AS MUCH OF HER AVAILABLE TIME WITH YOU AS SHE CAN," Tyrion casually remarked to his niece while they walked to break their fast together. Daenerys had a week to convince the Baratheon girl that she was the rightful ruler - in spirit too, not just birthright. For if anyone at Dragonstone was entitled to the Iron Throne at that point in time, Rikkia was probably the best candidate.

The Dragon Queen would be a fool not to attempt coercing Rikki into an alliance. The blonde was the sole heir of both House Baratheon and House Lannister. If ever Cersei Lannister were to have a weakness, it would be in the form of her lone remaining child. But it was proving no easy feat for Daenerys, for the Lady of Storm's End had infuriated her to no end in the span of a day. It was all Daenerys could do not to mutter 'dracarys' the next time Rikkia Baratheon would make a sarcastic comment or do that smirk. A quick quirk of her lips that made her appear as if she knew more than everyone else in the room. As if she knew Daenerys.

Supper the evening before had been just as excruciatingly awkward as the evening preceding it. Rikki was defensive, cold and cut off as she refused to relay anything about herself that could even mildly be conceived as personal. Daenerys was no better, but the silent meals were pushing her to a realization. Ever since marrying Khal Drogo, the Khaleesi never did engage in much "small talk". Any and all of her conversations revolved around politics; her successes and future endeavors. Something told the Targaryen that the stories behind her many titles would not impress Rikki at all, but truly - what else did she have to talk about? Had she truly let her inner self grow dull without the crown?

Surprising all at the table, it was Rikkia who had broke the silence after swallowing a piece of bread, having eyed Daenerys with caution for a few moments before.

"The rumor circulating Westeros is that you birthed the dragons yourself," she furrowed her brows as she spoke, an amused light in her eyes. "I'm sure pregnancy is difficult enough without claws and dragonfire."

"They were born from fire and blood, not from wailing screams and a swollen belly," Daenerys replied, shaking her head with ridicule at the gossip. "Magic is what brought the dragons back, had I not stepped into the fire with the stone-hardened eggs the world would be without them-"

"You're doing it again," Rikki interrupted, causing the other woman's nostrils to flare in frustration.

"Doing what?" She gritted out.

"Bragging about your accomplishments," the Lannister daughter shrugged upon placing her cutlery down aside her plate. "You're allowed to relay a story without portraying yourself as the hero, you know? The sun will continue to shine, birds will continue to chirp..."

"I am not bragging-" she fired back, practically bristling at how truly disrespectful the lady was being.

"You are bragging. You invited me here to show me your vision for Westeros and convince me to follow it, not to convince me that your previous experiences mean anything now. If I wanted to know more, I would ask the maester."