Chapter 2: Overcompensation

Aiden

Bastard. Leon is a fucking bastard. He's always flaunting something or getting into fights. At least my fights are quiet or not spoken of. Except lately everything has simmered down, it's been like that since I got in that fight in the alley. They probably decided I'm not worth fighting. Word got around though that I knifed Trayston Miller in the leg and broke Hale Raft's nose.

My leg is pretty fucked up though. I have a sprained ankle and bruising from my toes to my knee. The stitches in my side haven't heal yet either, neither has the ones in my lip. Those fucker deserve what they got. For now I've been focusing on school and work. It helps not having people breathing down your neck.

I'm stuck watching my siblings this weekend but also I'm getting tutored by some rando. My grades in History and English have hit an all time low. Apparently my tutor will be showing up tonight at six so I need to feed my siblings now before the tutor gets here.

Heath yells at Kyanna angrily as she runs off with his phone. She gets behind me as I turn on the oven. I lift my arms, looking down at her, holding his phone. I take it, earning a very upset whine.

" Ah~ Aiden give it back," Kyanna whines.

I hand the phone back to Heath, " It's his phone. When you are 13 you will get one too."

" Thank you," Heath chirps, taking it, " What are you making?"

I pet Kyanna's head as she pouts, " Chicken with vegetables."

" Ew~" Kyanna whines.

Heath glares at her then looks back at me, " Can we have Mac n' Cheese instead?"

I smile, handing Kyanna my phone, " Sure."

They leave as I turn off the oven and grab a pot instead. I fill it with water then set it on the stove and turn on the burner.

The doorbell rings. Kyanna yelps in shock. I laugh at her.

" Heath, get the door please," I call.

Moments later the door opens. Heath greets the stranger quietly then closes the door. I leave the kitchen to the living room. The person take off their coat in the dark mud room. Heath walks in, his mood changing to nervous.

" When they sent me the address I thought someone else must've moved in," The stranger says.

Leon walk out of the mud room, " I should've guessed that it was you."

I sigh, " Are you kidding me right now?"

" I'm gonna go to my room. Call me when dinner is ready," Heath says, backing up before fleeing.

" Uh me too," Kyanna chirps, fleeing away as well.

I watch as my siblings flee then shoot Leon a glare.

" I thought tutors were supposed to be smarter than their students," I mock.

Leon chuckles, " Is that any way you should talk to the future leader?"

" You're too much of a dick to be a leader," I hiss, walking back into the kitchen, " Get out of my house, I can study on my own."

" Hey now, I need this for an extra credit so if your grade doesn't go up, neither do my credits," He says, following me.

I frown, " Just fuck off."

" Why are you so mean to me?" He asks.

" Because you provoke me. Also, I don't like you," I snap, pouring macaroni noodles into the boiling pot.