Chapter 25

I open my eyes to see the beautiful blue clouds again. "He's almost done with you," I hear dream Freddy say to my right. "Trust me, you'll be more than joyous when it ends," he says. He sits next to me and I cling to him for dear life. 

 "Just um... Remember when I said it was easy to get rid of him?" He says. I nod my head slowly and he sighs. "It's about to get a shit-ton easier," he says. I nod my head in understanding. "He'll try and do things... You just have to let him though, okay?" I look up at him and see tears in his eyes.

 I cup his cheek and ask, "Do you mean he'll do stuff now?"

 "No... He'll do stuff soon. He'll say this is the last time he'll assault your dreams, but it won't be." He pushes me back down to lay down. He starts sobbing as he says, "I don't want you hurt."

 "I-I won't get hurt," I say. He holds me down and his body starts to disappear like it had the first day. "He's close... Just... When he asks. Decline. Don't even consider staying here. Just fucking leave. He's a darker descendant to society than you think, you have to trust me, this is only what's best for-" he disappears.

 I get fearfully sit up, looking around for Billy Batson from this hellish wonderland. I see him laying next to me and ask him, "When will you stop?" 

 He looks at me, tears welling up within his beautiful green eyes. His voice cracking as he spoke. I lay down next to him then moved a bit closer to him and placed my hand on his. Even if he was evil, he still looked like the boy I had fallen for. He sighs. "This is the final time I will be asking. Right now... Is the last time." I felt my heart light up, my eyes widen, all in excitement. "I will never ask if you'd like to die again." 

 I smile widely and he looks at me. Broken. The skies above us went gray, rain began to pour. I looked up at the sky and saw as it fell quickly, harshly. "Will you let me take your life?" He asks. I take in his features. He was destroyed. He had spent much time trying to get me to accept this. I slowly shake my hand.

 "No," is the only thing I say. He sighs and sits up, letting the water from above sink through his white shirt. Showing his soft skin colour. "Billy?" I ask, sitting up with him. He doesn't answer. He just sits there. Crushing something in his hand. I swallow and lay my head on his shoulder hesitantly. He lays his head on mine. "I'm sorry," I say. 

 "That's fine," he says. He says it with no emotion though. I began to get nervous. I swallow hard and move away from him a bit, staring at him. I thought I saw a black liquid spill from his eyes slowly, instead of the previous clear liquid. I move back a bit and stare at the right side of his face. 

 He sniffles and throws a small blue thing across the grass. I see a black goo drip and hit the grass beneath him. "Um... C-Can I leave now?" I ask. He doesn't answer. Instead, he just wipes the left side of his face, the side I couldn't see. 

 I look at his hand he wiped with to see it covered in a dark black liquid. My eyes almost pop out of my head as I stare at it. "Of course you may," He says. Still no emotion in his voice. Even sadness would have been fine, but this was just creepy.

 "What's happening to you?" I try to ask. He shakes his head before looking up at the sky. I reach for him before his hand comes back and he pushes me down.

 I sit up and come face to face with Mary. "Oh, Jesus!" She yells. "You were being oddly quiet so   I-"

 I climb out of bed and run to the bathroom, immediately vomiting. "Did the dream powers have a strange turn?" Darla asks from behind me. I rinse my mouth out after flushing and look at her. I notice all of them are standing outside the door. I felt my eyes water as a tear started to drip down my cheek. 

 My Billy pushes past the group members and hugs me close and whispers, "Hey, what's wrong?" I don't even acknowledge the question at that point. I just stand there. He grabs my jaw and makes me look at him to ask again, "Baby, what happened in there? Have you ever come out of there and just fucking threw up? Are you alright?"

 "N-Nothing's wrong," I say. I crush his coat in my hands, hugging him close again. I feel my heartbreak as I see Freddy standing there over his shoulder, walking stick in hand. He starts coming over and holds my back. I reach one of my hands out and crush his shirt in my hand. He could tell I was broken from something, I could see it in his eyes, the dreadful sorrow. 

 "What happened in there?" He asks. He had tears in his eyes. I decided to forget the situation and ask.

 "Why do you have tears in your eyes? What happened?" He looks at me, confusion all over his face. 

 "I want to know if you're okay. You're scaring me." Billy pulls away from me and looks into my eyes. 

 "What happened baby?" I bite my lip gently. It shouldn't be hard to say but it is.

 "I-I think it's over," I say. 

 "What makes you think that?" Pedro asks from the door. Billy holds me close and I decide to tell them.

 "He said it was the last time he was asking..." They all looked at me in shock and confusion. Billy nodded his head slowly and rubbed my shoulder with a small smile. I nod my head as well, still afraid because something in me said that wasn't the last time he'd be seen by me.