"eight"

❛ unintentional double dates and overprotective older brothers . ❜

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞. Something her uncle Jay was pleased about as he didn't know how he'd deal with the girl he had brought up as a daughter going out with some hormonal boy who surely wouldn't be able to keep their hands to themselves.

And due to Mia knowing about her uncle's overprotective nature, even though her hanging out with Embry wasn't technically a real date, the brunette decided to keep it to herself as she wasn't in the mood for any more drama. Luckily, the older Kahele relative was working a late shift at the hospital, so with a swift kiss to the forehead, he was out the door at six pm on the dot.

The girl was keen to get ready for her 'date', and she quickly pushed the nerves she felt in her stomach down as it was only Embry. He was just one of the boys, another friend of the pack. So why did Mia feel so anxious about meeting up with the teen yet again?

A loud knock at the front door stopped the girl from applying a thin layer of lipstick from where she sat at her small dresser, but with a quick look at the clock that hung on her wall, she soon realised that it wasn't going to be her date as she still had around twenty minutes before he was picking her up.

This made her decide to ignore the thumping as she still had to finish her makeup before she headed to the movies with the teen for their night out. But once she heard the latch of her front door unlock, she quickly concluded it was just her uncle as he was the only one beside herself who had a key to the front door.

As she descended the stairs, who she didn't expect to see was two grinning wolves standing in her hallway with pizza's in one hand and a pair of keys in the other.

"Paul, Jared, what are you two doing here?" Mia groaned out as she didn't want the two knowing about her hanging out with Embry without the other pack members as they would surely take it the wrong way.

"Jay told us that you had a free house tonight, so we decided to treat our favourite girl," Paul proudly stated as he and Jared quickly made themselves comfortable on the two couches. Mia stared at the two boys in annoyance and slight anger as time was running out, and she didn't want either boy knowing where she was going.

Just as the girl was about to try and get the wolves out in any way possible, the duo was fast to delve into an argument as they tried to work the tv that hung on the wall.

"I can't find the remote. Do you know where it is?" Paul huffed out as he kicked Jared's foot from where he sat.

"No."

"... Stand up then."

As the two began raising their voices, Mia decided to rush upstairs and finish getting ready as if the two argued long enough; she hoped that she could slip out the door and not be noticed. But once she had gotten ready and slipped on her short summer dress, the girl felt deja vu as another knock was heard at the front door - but this time, it was Embry.

Mia almost tripped as she ran down the stairs, but she was too late, as stood on her porch was the red-faced Call boy and an unhappy-looking Paul opposite him. Jared was still sat on the girl's couch, stuffing his face with pizza while being oblivious to the awkwardness that now filled the small house. The three looked between each other for a few seconds before Mia decided to grow some balls, step forward and grab Embry's hand before heading towards his car.

"Embry and I were just heading out to see a movie. Remember to lock the door on your way out, Paul," The girl hurriedly spoke out as she tried to get away from her house as quickly as possible. But the Lahote man wasn't having any of it as he let out a small growl before pulling the two teens to a stop.

"What exactly are your intentions?" Paul demanded to Embry as he ignored the girls pleading eyes to stop. The teen didn't know how to reply as no one knew that the girl was his imprint as he wanted to tell Mia first before the pack. Luckily, before the werewolf blurted out something he would regret, Mia spoke up and saved him from his embarrassment.

"Paul, why are you being like this. We're just going to see a movie. It's no different from me going out for dinner with Jared or hanging out with you or Jacob," She huffed out.

"I promised Wesley that I'd take care of you, and that's what I plan on doing," Paul softly answered as he remembered what the now-deceased man said about looking after the young girl. But Mia didn't want to hear about the man who brought her pain whenever she was reminded about him, so instead, she quickly pulled Embry to where his mom's empty car sat and promptly got in.

The ride to Port Angeles theatre was a quiet one. But once the Call boy cracked a random joke he had seen on the back of a cereal box, the discomfort between the two seemed to disappear, and enthusiasm took over. Once parked up and inside, Embry insisted on paying for the girl's ticket - something which made her blush as it was the first time which she hadn't been treated as 'one of the boys'.

The two spoke the whole time as once they were seated and the adverts played, Embry felt himself fall for the girl even more as he watched her eyes light up whenever she spoke about something she loved or admired. Their bubble of delight soon popped as the lights began to dim. The three spare seats in the crowded room beside them soon became full.

And sat there was no one other than Jacob Black, Bella Swan and a blonde-haired teen who looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than there.

Jacob only glared at the brunette girl he now had to sit next to as the last time they spoke, they argued about her hanging out with his ex-best friend, with who she was now on a date with. However, before another argument could break out - which had been happening a lot that night - the movie began, and everyone became quiet. It was around halfway through when Mia grabbed onto Embry's hand in fright at what had just appeared on the screen.

The brunette was oblivious to what she had done, but as the boy beside her hadn't been paying attention to the movie at all, he felt a spark run through his body as their skin touched.

Their hands stayed intertwined until it finished and as the two walked out of the darkened room was when Mia realised what she had done, but deep down, she didn't want to pull away - so she didn't. Just as they were about to head back to the boy's car so he could take her home, they soon saw an angry-looking Jacob storm away from Bella and her friend.

The duo both huffed out in annoyance as neither of them wanted to deal with the Black boy's temper this evening, but fortunately, it was Bella that walked up to the two and explained Jacob's outburst and high temperature.

And that's when it hit her. Mia had finally understood the boy's constant low mood, something which Billy had asked her to look out for. Jacob was finally turning. The girl just hoped he would take the change well.

o. 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫.