"eighteen"

❛ lingering lips and suspicious secrets. ❜

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬. The crackle of the flame, how her stomach was always filled with toasted treats by the end of it - she adored the time spent with her friends who she saw as family.

A couple of hours had passed since Jacob had whisked Bella away after she had found out about all the boys other lives. The sky above the pack had darkened considerably, leaving the only light source being the lit logs that were now slowly burning out thanks to Quill being too lazy to fetch more like he had promised to do over an hour ago.

The events of the day had tired poor Mia out, her head now resting against her uncle's shoulder, who had been talking with both Sam and Emily for what seemed like forever. The brunette teen had tried to keep her eyes open as she truly adored the bonfires held by the wolves, but alas, her tiredness got the better of her, and she finally decided to call it a night.

Looking up from where she still rested her head, she gently pulled on Jay's slightly rolled up shirt to grab his attention.

"What's wrong, Mimi?" The older man asked. The nickname made her sigh out in annoyance. It was a sign of him having one too many beers, which said a lot considering werewolves tolerance to alcohol was relatively high and the man hardly ever drank. The statement caught the attention of the rest of the pack as Mia soon felt all eyes on her in fear she was hurt.

"Nothin' just ready for bed." The girl mumbled out before pouting at how the younger boys of the group laughed at her reply. Jay was quick to stand at the comment as he always felt somewhat guilty whenever he kept his niece up late, but the rush of blood to his head mixed with the alcohol buzz quickly left him on his ass.

The pack howled at the moderately intoxicated man, as they never saw him like this due to his highly demanding job. But with the vampires running around combined with a couple of days off, Jay had finally deiced to let his hair down and blow off some steam - only it now meant he couldn't drive the exhausted girl back to their house.

"Can't I just walk home? It's not that far, and Paul taught me how to use nunchucks the other day, so I'm fully prepared for a red-headed murderous bitch to come at me!" Mia exclaimed as she watched Sam drag her drunk uncle into his house.

A chorus of 'No's made their way throughout the yard as the bonfire slowly dispersed, which put a giant scowl on the teens face as the Uley household only had one spare room. The last time she shared a bed with the pack when sleeping over, she ended up sleeping on the couch because Jacob had kicked her off the bed in his sleep, something she wasn't going to let happen again but with Jay.