Chapter One

The soft sound of birds chirping rang through my room as I let out a yawn and dug the sleep out of my eyes. Before slowly opening my eyes, I sat up in my large bed that was covered by a dark red comforter, which had been hugging me and providing my warmth before I shrugged it off.

"It's time to get up, Miss Mills." I heard the soft, sweet. voice of our housekeeper calling through my closed door.

"Thanks, Mary." I yawned once more before forcing myself to leave my happy place; my bed. When I went into my walk in closet, I pulled on a pair of dark skinny jeans that hugged my legs, and a cream coloured sweater before slipping on a pair of white, strapped heels. Before leaving, i quickly did something with my hair and applied some simple yet glam looking makeup.

"Where is it?" I groaned as I looked for my cream coloured purse that would complete my outfit. There it is! I snatched it off of the shelf that contained many other colours before heading downstairs.

"Miss Mills, you need to eat," Mary told me as I entered the kitchen, with my heels clicking against the marble floor tile.

As I walked by the island, I reached into the bowl of fruit and picked off a grape before plopping it in my mouth and chewing it. "I just did. Bye, Mary!" The sounds of my car keys jingling clashed together with my heels clicking as I walked out of the house.

My car was the only one in the drive way, of course they weren't home. Why would they be home? They never were home, I'm sure they didn't just buy this giant house to just sit here.

I shook my head clear of my parents, they didn't deserve the time I spend thinking of them. My doubts of them ever thinking about me were true, they hardly ever checked up on me. That's why they had staff to watch over me, right?

I hopped into my black Mercedes and started my car. Just as I pulled out of the drive way, my mind wondered to how today was going to go. It was the first day of senior year, The beginning of the end.

When I pulled into school, there were many of my classmates hanging out and talking around their cars.

I pulled into my parking spot before shut my car off. My hands went to my hair to make it look better before I applied extra lipstick.

The school cafeteria was even more filled than the parking lot had been. When I went over to my usual table, my friends were already there waiting. "Johanna!" Mercy squealed.

Mercy was my best friend. She's been my best friend since grade seven. We were paired together to do an English book project and we instantly hit it off. That project, that book, changed both of our lives.

Mercy shot up from her spot and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back before gently pushing her away so I could breath. "You look good, Mercy." I told her as I touched her red hair that was curled.

Mercy smiled before we sat down with the rest of our friends, which consisted of, Alec, Kenzie, Jonathan and Siara. "Hey, guys," I beamed at my friends.

I felt a pair of arms around me and I let out a squeal. "Andrew!" I knew right away it was my boyfriend. Andrew and I have been together for over almost a year, and it's been an amazing year with him.

I turned around and smiled up at him before he leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips. I kissed him back before pulling him into the seat next to me. "You always surprise me,"