34

I get back into the car and see that she has fallen asleep. I decide to drive back to my place and once I'm there, I park in the garage and make sure to look behind me before I pick her up and carry her into the house.

I go to my bedroom and kick the door open, laying her down on the bed. I collect baby wipes from my bathroom and use them to wipe her arms, face, hands and feet with them before removing her jeans and t-shirt.

I considered leaving her to sleep in them but I'm sure that'll be uncomfortable. I dress her into my big shirt question whether I should remove her bra too. I reach under the shirt and without peeking at her boobs, I unhook the clips and slip the bra off.

I tuck her in and get ready for bed myself. I throw a duvet on the couch and check my accounts before switching the lights off and closing my eyes. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day for us -- a turning point. I'm extremely anxious, to say the least.

TWO YEARS LATER

"What do we have here," Daniel asks as he holds the phone in the air. I think he's FaceTiming again.

"Let me see," I say, getting up and going to sit on his lap. I almost sigh when I feel him getting hard under me immediately. I am greeted by the sight of Kyle sitting on a flight of stairs. Behind him walks a very beautiful lady in a lace bikini cover up. She giggles when he playfully pulls her down and she smiles at us.

"Hey Monique," I greet her and watch him smile proudly at me. I wave and give her a big smile, ignoring the chills running down my spine as Daniel's hand makes its way down my shorts and into my underwear. I put my hand on his to stop him in case they see what he's up to.

"Hey Karina. How are you?" she asks sweetly. A lot has changed in the last year. My relationship with Vivica has totally changed for the better and so has hers and Carlos'. They were recently in Spain for his photoshoot but arrived last night and crushed at our place. He says it's his last shoot before he stops his modeling career to take care of his family business in Venice. He has asked Vivica to relocate with him and the rest is history that side.

Daniel moved all my belongings into his house and no sooner did he snatch me up and now I enjoy life everyday with him under the same roof. He's a real dork and always wants us to go visit his parents in Vietnam every holiday. They have shown me so much love and acceptance and I cannot thank them enough. They even made such a fine specimen and I cannot complain about their genes.

Kyle and I have moved past our dispute and have been supportive of each other ever since. We even talk regularly now and he keeps saying he wants to be the best man at my wedding. Whenever that happens. Daniel and I aren't rushing. I respect his timing as he does mine.

I am now working in the same company as Daniel. It is owned by his father who's the acting CEO while Daniel is the managing director. I was lucky to be hired as the head editor of their communication department when I finally decided to apply with my graduation degree. Needless to say, both Daniel and his dad were surprised to see me appear at work the following week.

Carlos' POV

I groaned as I turned away from the light shining through the curtains and shifted my hand below the pillow to feel for my phone. I squint as the dim light still burns my eyes.

11:40

"You should have woken me up," I say as I walk into the bathroom and find Vi brushing her wet hair. She turns and gives me a mega watt smile, making me smile in return.

"I thought I'd let you sleep longer. You looked too peaceful I didn't have the heart to wake you."

"You already brushed your teeth?" I ask, noticing that my toothbrush is wet. I actually don't mind the slightest bit.

"Uhuh," she murmurs as I put toothpaste on it and wet it again before brushing mine. I spit out and rinse my mouth. I put my hand on her waist as I stand behind her and put the brush away, locking eyes with her in the mirror. She turns around and one hand goes to my bicep, the other around my neck.

"Mind if I kiss you?" I ask, touching her lip lightly with mine and feeling her hot breath on my finger. I raise her chin and angle my face to place a passionate kiss on her lips. As our tongues explore each others' mouths, my other friend makes an appearance which causes Vi to break the kiss.

"I still have to go check up on my dress," she reminds me, knowing that if we continue she's not going to get there on time. "In the meantime, why don't you take care of that?"

I groan as I walk out of the bathroom and flop down on the bed again. It has been four months since I'd proposed to Vi during a photoshoot in Bora Bora. She had no idea what I had planned and cried when everyone paused what they were doing to film the entire scene.

"I'm not a model, Carlos!" She hissed, looking at the photographers waiting to capture the moment. One she didn't know a single thing about.

"I know but my partner could not be here today and you're the only other available woman on set. Please baby? I need this," I begged, knowing she'd agree eventually. I have a way with persuading her.

"Okay fine," she had huffed and disappeared behind the curtains before emerging back seconds later, in a lovely blue evening gown and confidently walked towards me. At that moment I felt the proudest I'd ever been at the lady stood in front of me. So proud my special member threatened to announce his presence.

I looked at her face and it was all natural, not much makeup save for lip gloss; she wasn't interested on using chemicals on her face. Her hair was in a loose bun and her body fit so perfectly in that tight dress-- she was indeed perfect.

My mind snapped back to what's happening and the photographer shouted his commands on cue. "Before I forget," I started, going to take something from the table beside me.

I heard her groan in annoyance which was kind of cute. "Oh what could it possibly be this time?"

"There's just something else you should be wearing during the photoshoot," I said nervously as I got down on one knee with the velvet ring box in my hand and looked up at her, her eyes already tearing up before I even said what I'd been rehearsing for months on end.

And that's how we are here, to prepare for a wedding that's within a week. Not much is left save for her final dress fittings and flowers which will arrive early on the wedding day. All I was left to do was make sure the house I bought us in Venice was ready to be inhibited.

*A/N next chapter is the final chapter.