Chapter 6: Break Out

~1 year later...~
Aaron's POV
"Hey babe! Can you come help me for a second!" I called.

"Coming!" Aphmau called back, she came down the stairs, and ran up to me on the couch.

"What do you need?" She asked.

"You." I smirked at her suddenly red face. 

"A-Aaron! Seriously!" She covered her face with her hands.

"Heh, your cute when your flustered." I pulled her closer to me. She squealed and blushed even more. I chuckled, and pulled her onto my lap. Aphmau squeaked and struggled to get away. I just laughed.

"I hate you..." she mumbled after awhile, as she stopped struggling. I smirked and nipped her ear.

"You know you love me~." I whispered in her ear. She squeaked and started struggling again. I laid down and pulled her with me, so I was holding her. She continued to squirm, and I started to kiss her neck, gently nipping occasionally. Aphmau immediately stopped, going limp and letting out a quiet moan. I smirked, knowing she was submitting to me.

"See~? You looovvveeee me~." I teased. She giggled.

"Yeah... hehe..." she replied.

The TV beeped suddenly, turning on.

"We have an incoming emergency transmission. Prisoner, Garroth Ro'Meave escaped his cell recently, and is on the run. Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the authorities." A female news reporter appeared, we both sat up.

"Oh no..." Aphmau muttered.

"Garroth Ro'Meave has blond hair, and blue eyes. A picture of him is coming on screen now." A picture of Garroth in a prison uniform appeared. "If you see him, contact authorities immediately."

Third Person POV
Aphmau buried her face in Aaron's chest, and started crying. She didn't want Garroth to come back.

"Shh... it's okay Luna... I won't let him hurt you... or any of us..." Aaron held onto the small girl tight, his comforting presence calmed her, if only slightly.

"He's back?! Oh thank Irene! I was so scared!" Jenny cheered.

"Really Jenny?! After I told you what happened?!" Diana exclaimed.

"I'm more interested to see Aaron's reaction..." Cathy said.

"S***!!!" Katelyn yelled, "NOT THAT A***OLE AGAIN!!"

"Don't worry Katey! I'm sure the police will find him soon!" Travis rushed to calm down the bluenette.

"That SORRY EXCUSE FOR A BROTHER!!" Zane yelled.

"Zane! Don't worry! I'm sure he's forgotten about us by now, it's been a year!" Kawaii~chan exclaimed, grabbing her boyfriends hand and squeezing it.

"GUYS HOLY IRENE YOUR NOT GONNA BELIEVE IT!!" Ein ran into the large dining room, in the house where Aaron's pack stayed.

"Try us." Melissa said, placing the finished lunch meal on the table.

"Garroth escaped from prison!" Ein exclaimed.

"Your right. I don't believe it." Maria said.

"I just saw it on the news!" Ein sat down between Daniel and Blaze.

"Oh Irene, I hope Aphmau is okay."  Dottie said.

"I'm sure she's fine." Blaze said, "She's got Alpha!"

"Should we go check on them?" Rilen asked.

"Yeah!" Daniel exclaimed, standing up.

"Guys, how about tomorrow? No reason to bug them about it right away. Give them some time to process it." Melissa said, taking her seat next to Dottie and Maria. The others nodded and dug into their lunch.

Aphmau's POV
"I'm scared... I don't want to see him again..." I murmured, tightening my already strong grip on Aaron's shirt.

"I know Luna... I know..." Aaron pulled me closer to him, so I was sitting in his lap, crying into his chest.

"Aphmau... look at me..." Aaron said. I refused, still holding his shirt.

"Aphmau..." he hooked my chin gently, and made me look at him. He caressed my cheek, wiping away the tears on one side, then kissing away the rest.

"Don't cry... okay? He won't hurt you. I won't let him, hurt you, or anyone else we know. Okay?" I nodded, and he pulled me into a kiss. I melted into him, my grip loosening as he gently moved my hands away. I wrapped them around his neck, and he grabbed my waist.

We pulled away for air, and he stared at me lovingly. I could feel the blush creeping onto my face. He smirked and leaned closer to me. I closed my eyes, waiting for whatever he was planning, and gasped a little as his lips landed on my neck. Something warm and fluffy wrapped around my torso protectively. His tail. My own came  out, intertwining with his.

To think that I, a girl who was almost killed by this man by accident, was now his lover, his mate, his Luna, and I wouldn't have it any other way.