fin.

hey everyone, kristyn here! sorry i haven't updated in a little over six months, but, as the kids now say, it be like that sometimes. 

i finished my Different trilogy last year as well, and discovered that my love for this series kind of died along with it. it was as if finally pressing that "completed" button had closed the door on this chapter of my life-- one that had been a part of me for so long. 

so yeah, i'm pretty much leaving the tmr fandom. 

i doubt i'll ever write another fanfiction for the series, and although i still hold the characters dear to my heart, my passion for the overall series has gone way down. i can't even bring myself to read many fanfictions, no matter how good they are. 

another reason that i'm saying goodbye is because my experience in this fandom hasn't been a great one. being an author of a tmr fanfic, especially a newt one, is exhausting. i have spent five years now dealing with death threats, mean comments, and so much overall negativity that it has really brought me down, especially after writing newt's death. this is why i preach so much about treating people with kindness-- you never know how you can affect them. 

additionally, i feel like i'm getting a little... old? for the series? i don't like to discuss my age, but for the past few years, i've begun to notice how jdash's writing is actually kind of (don't hate me for this) mediocre? elementary? i definitely notice the gap in my age vs some of my readers, especially when they comment their ages where my character dylan says her height (for example, if someone were to say "i'm 12 and 5'6") and i'm like oh wow, why am i old?  not that my readers being young is a bad thing, i just feel like i'm stickin' out more and more. 

i feel like that whole thing came out wrong, or maybe that's just my anxiety talking. 

anyway, what i'm trying to say is, this book is now officially going to be considered completed. i'm likely going to leave this book alone after i mark it as such. thank you to everyone who has read this and taken joy in my rants, memes, and awful sense of humor. hopefully i've bloody inspired some of you. 

-kristyn