Phantom and Night chap 11

*Ardent's picture*

Full Moon Festival.

"Ardent. He's mine from the beginning. Give him back!"

"Is that how you negotiate?"

"You also know that Ren needs me. Especially now! I can feel him.. And it is very evident as well. You can't be blind Ardent."

"I'm not. I know what're you saying. But remember, I'm his father and I need assurance."

"What do you fucking want?! I'll do anything just give him back to me!"

Ardent sat silently as he watch Liam.. The real Liam.. Not a leader.. Not as the head of the council but as a Liam who wanted his lover back. No mask. No authority. Ardent was even surprise how easy he can see the pain in his face.. in his eyes. Liam was so much like him. Void of emotion. Stoic. Cold. Unreadable. Though now he slowly strip all that off. Kneeling on his knees before Ardent.

"I've waited for so long not knowing where he is.. I need him Ardent. He's my life."

He bowed his head as if he couldn't be lower.

"It's been centuries since someone kneel before me and begged. Why would I give my only son and my only heir to you? You're so much like me that it scares me greatly. I once left my family. I loved them so much but I needed to do that with reasons I could not tell you."

"I would never leave Warren! I'm not like you!" Ardent scoffed.

"That's what I promised to Warren's mother. This is what I want to tell you. What will you do if you knew Warren would die if you stay with him?"

Liam's eyes widen and shook.

"What?" His voice came out inaudible but sounded so loud in his ear. Ardent's words making him tremble inside-out.

"It's a 'what if' question. What's your answer?" Liam was speechless and he just stared at Ardent stunned.

"I.." He bit his lip and bowed.

"Just keep that in mind. I wont let you see him today. Go back home and stop coming uninvited in my house." Ardent stood.

"Tomorrow night.. You can see him. In the full moon festival. Introduce him. He's your mate after all. Keep in mind what I just told you. It's the most important decision of your life."

Ardent left after that.

The night was quiet for Warren. It's been days since he'd seen Liam. He feels so empty.. Like when his mom left him then his grandmother died.. He felt so lost.

"Warren.. You didn't touch your meal again." Ardent entered his rather large room. Even larger than Liam's room. Ardent sighed when Warren didn't respond and just sat by the window staring outside, dazed.

"You had never spoke to me again since Liam left." Warren stiffened and turn to look at his father. Warren wanted to tell him that Liam was the one who cured him. He wanted to tell him what he felt and ask so many things but they were not supposed to meet. Liam can't even touch him.

Ardent approach him and held his shoulders and he just look up at the same icy blue eyes as his.

"I'm sorry okay but I need to do this. How can I know how much Liam love you if I didn't do this?" Mentioning that made Warren blushed and Ardent just smiled at him.

"It's a test." Ardent said with a grin and Warren frowned.

"Such a cruel test."

"So you finally speak to me." Ardent sounded relieved and Warren felt guilty that he worried his father like that.