Phantom and Night chap 6

*Cros' Picture*

Liam wore his black robe with the crest of the vampire council. He didn't want to leave Warren alone. Everything seemed to happen so fast, even him didn't knew what to do. He knew Warren was his mate the moment he saw him. He felt him.

"Brother! We brought you a prey!" Marco called out with a cheeky grin. Liam was busy at that time. Having, literally mountains of paper works in his desk.

"Don't bother me Marco, I'm.." His breath hitch up as he look up to stare at the boy Cros was holding. In a blink of an eye he was already in front of Cros.

"Give him to me." He didn't wait for Cros to hand him over. He took him away from him. Carrying him in his arms. He was so small he could be a child. Liam thought of how he felt him so long ago when he was just this young. A human. His mate.

"Get out. Leave us."

"But brother." Marco grumbled and Cros was just left confused.

"I said. Leave." His voice came out with force and power that made both Marco and Cros flinch and go out without a word.

Liam couldn't believe it. He was looking for his mate for more than 50 years. Now he's here. Deliberately brought to his manor.

"I long for you, for so long." He hugged him and was surprised by the warmth he felt. He never felt warmth on his skin. Even though his skin is icy cold. He didn't felt that cold. He just wanted to feel warm that he never ever felt before. Only now. His mate brought him warmth. He smiled as he held his mate in his arms. Ever since he felt his mate when he was five years old. He already felt it. Longing. Pain. His pains. He wanted to ask why his mate was in pain and wanted to comfort him and kill anyone who hurts him. He Loved him. He love him so deeply even if he just saw him just now. He always felt so close with his mate. He longed wish to just see him but it was more than that. He eyed him as he lay him on his couch. He has pale white skin but not like his that's dull and cold. His has color and warmth. His hair was golden brown. That fells delicately across his face in wavy strands. He looks like a angel and Liam felt like touching him would spoil his purity. That, he can't do. His mate is his and only his. If he had a God, he'll thank him forever for bringing an angel for someone who can be mistaken as a devil.

"Liam. We were informed that you found your mate." A middle age man said. His long hair tied in a pony tail.

He was Ardent Phantom. A royal blood vampire. He was higher than the highest and was a permanent member of the vampire council. He was voted to be the head tons of times but he declined. He was the only descended royal blood from the Phantom clans. Their clan got wiped out 400 years ago. Ardent was the soul survivor.

"Shouldn't you discussed this with the council?" Harp Jos, an elder vampire that's more than 500 years old and the great descendant of the Vampire King of Welkin. One of the Clans of the vampire royalties. Welkin of their shared land from the north. Phantom from the east. The extinct clans of the west and south that got wiped out in the Wars between their kinds.

"I just found out yesterday" Liam calmly said.

"So what now?" A bored woman said. She has Red hair and dark eyes. Cros' mother. Scarlet Ray. Colorful name that suited her beauty.

"So what if Liam found his mate? Well no one other than him would anyway."

"Scarlet, that's not the point." Another old man said.

"Yes, Madam Scarlet." Harp said with a knowing smirk that made Liam want to tear his head even if it cost him his life.

"Warren is just a human. He has nothing to do with any of this. Not the council. Not you, Harp but only me. He's mine and only mine. So back off."

"Oohh. Feisty." Harp said and eyed him with a smile that annoyed Liam further but he still remain calm and stoic. The very image that Harp wanted to break. Harp is an elder vampire but he looked like he's in his 30's. He was like this with Liam but he really sees the late King from him. That's why he was the first to propose in making him the head of the council in such a young age.

"We know he's a human but you know human and vampire relationship are forbidden right?" Ardent Phantom says.

"Hmm. Well this is different. The human is Liam's mate after all." Scarlet says as she blow her red fingernails.

"Well Ardent you're one to talk." Harp said making Ardent's eyebrows twitch.

"You too Harp." He countered and Harp laughed dryly and silenced flooded the room after that. One of the elders, Lyre, cleared his throat and stood.

"Show us the kid in the upcoming full moon festival." He says and left.

"Lyre can be really boring but that's a nice idea. I agree." Jacks, Another elder said.

"No objections here." Scarlet says.

Liam clench his hands under the table and waited for all the council to vote and they all agree.

The Full Moon Festival is the gathering of all vampires where vampires rejoice and celebrate peace and basically a simple gathering that happens only once a year.