slow dying flower

Published 11/23/18
Happy Thanksgiving my beautiful amazing readers!!! I'm so thankful for all of you!

I gave a small laugh and got off of him. I looked down at Tsu'teys who was still on the ground now leaning on his hands. I held out my hand to him. He starred at it for a minute before looking up at me. He gave a small smile and grabbed my hand. I pulled him up. But I guess I pulled too hard because Tsu'tey collided with me. We we're now chest to chest. My breath got caught in my chest. I looked up at Tsu'tey my eyes meeting his. I realized how close we we're and quickly took a step back.

I cleared my throat and turned to the young warriors watching us. Most of them had smirks on their faces. Oh brother. I sigh. I turn away from them and start to walk off. I needed a few minutes to my self. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder to see Tsu'tey starring at me. I smiled at him. "I'll be back soon I just need a moment to my self," I told him he starred for a moment but nodded anyway. I turned away from him and headed back to the thick jungle woods.

I then took off into a sprint I soon come to a slow stop. I looked down at my shoulder. It still hurt and was scarred from when Jake hit me with his fire spear. My shoulder looked ugly with the burned scarred skin. I had found out quickly that my body healed way quicker than my human body. I looked away from my shoulder and looked up to one of the many trees. I headed to the tallest one that was covered in vines and started to clime. Soon I had reached the very top.

I walked onto a large thick branch. I could see everything up here. In the distance, I saw home tree. I sat down on the branch and leaned against the tree. Starring out over the land. I had done this on earth. I would find the tallest tree to clime and watch over as far as my eyes could see. I let out a sigh relaxing. I felt weak at the moment. I also felt stupid I covered my face with my hands.

I had left my home, my people. My family. What kind of leader am I?! My people could be dead for all I know. I grabbed my heart in pain and tears started to roll down my face. I'm nothing without my people. I feel like I'm nothing but a slow dying flower. I took a deep breath.

Take a look at my body
Look at my hands
There's so much here
That I don't understand
Your face saving promises
Whispered like prayers
I don't need them
Cause I've been treated so wrong
I've been treated so long
As if I'm becoming untouchable
Well Contempt loves the silence
It thrives in the dark
With fine winding tendrils
That strangle the heart
They say that promises
Sweeten the blow
But I don't need them
No, I don't need them
I've been treated so wrong
I've been treated so long
As if I'm becoming untouchable
I'm a slow dying flower
I'm the frost killing hour
Sweet turning sour
And untouchable

Oh, I need
The darkness
The sweetness
The sadness
The weakness
Oh I need this

I need
A lullaby
A kiss goodnight
Angel sweet
Love of my life
Oh, I need this
I'm a slow dying flower
Frost killing hour
The sweet turning sour
And untouchable

Do you remember the way
That you touched me before
All the trembling sweetness
I loved and adored?
Your face saving promises
Whispered like prayers
I don't need them

Oh, I need
The darkness
The sweetness
The sadness
The weakness
Oh, I need this

I need
A lullaby
A kiss goodnight
Angel sweet
Love of my life
Oh, I need this
I'm a slow dying flower
Frost killing hour
The sweet turning sour
And untouchable

Is it dark enough?
Can you see me?
Do you want me?
Can you reach me?
Or I'm leaving
You better shut your mouth
Hold your breath
Kiss me now you'll catch my death
O, I mean it

Song: My Skin By Natalie Merchant

As my singing came to an end I heard movement. I snapped around and gasped in shock.