Chapter 4|Meet the Family

The tiny cabin looked so big and scary to Strawberry in that moment. Strawberry and Ignis were waiting to walk in to tell her aunt and uncle the big news. She took a deep breath before walking to the door and opening it. Ignis followed after her keeping a close eye on her to see if she was in any kind of distress.

He grabbed her hand as they walked in and she turned and smiled at him. They kept walking till they found her aunt in the kitchen and her uncle at the dinner table working on papers for his work. She stood there silently along with Ignis just waiting for them to notice her.

"Hello auntie and uncle", she said softly to grab their attention.

As her auntie slowly turned around her smile faded from her face and it paled at the sight of a demon next to her niece. Shocked that a tall demon with horns sticking out of its head was standing before her hold her niece's delicate hand. She knew the demon was probably here to claim Strawberry as their beloved. She knew if it's what Strawberry wanted she would let her go but, her husband on the other hand was a completely different story.

"Why are you touching my niece demon!", Strawberry's uncle bellowed out.

Her was furious and she could almost see the steam come out of his ears. Strawberry was his and her aunt's whole world and if anything ever happened to her then they would never forgive themselves. He had stood up so fast from his chair that it knocked down to the floor with a loud bang. His fist were clench tight thinking about his precious niece being harmed in anyway by this man. He knew the demon would claim her as his beloved but, how did he know that the demon was going to treat her with the respect and dignity she deserves.

"I am here to claim Strawberry, your niece, as my beloved and ask her to move in with me. She and I have been close since we were little", he stated calmly trying not to anger Strawberry's uncle even more.

"No absolutely not! I don't know who you are but, you will not take my niece away.", her uncle yelled loudly.

"Sadly it's not your choice it's hers and I didn't see you have a problem giving her away to a wicked man who doesn't care for anything about besides her beauty."

"I was only try to keep her protected from the dangerous things in the world like you! Do you think the demon realm is a good place for her?"

The yelling escalated and soon they were in each other's faces. Scared Strawberry ran from Ignis's side to hug her aunt in a flash. They kept fighting and yelling hurtful things back and forth. It her to see two people she loved dearly yell at each other like this.

Her aunt noticing her niece's distress, hugged Strawberry tighter to her chest. Her aunt rested her chin on top of her daughters head and rubbed her back thoughtfully. She's never seen husband so mad before and it was clear that the demon had good intentions for Strawberry and loved her deeply.

Suddenly a loud crash brought her out of their fight as she saw that her husband, Jim smashed a plate in a state of rage. That tipped Strawberry off the edge and she ran to her room sobbing huge fat tears. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched her run off.

"See what you've done?" Strawberry's aunt asked angry at both men for their part in her niece's tears.

"You..." she started.

"Ignis" the demon said.

"Right run along and go cheer her up and I'll talk to my husband about the situation", she finished while grabbing her husband's hand stopping him from going after the demon and stopping him.

Ignis quickly rushed after his beloved. He hated seeing her cry, it broke his heart into millions of pieces each time a tear fell from her doe like eyes. He didn't mean for the fight to escalate this far with her uncle. He quickly walked to a room to see her under the covers of a bed.

He went over and sat on the bed to comfort her. He stroked her back while she cried her tears of sadness. The guilt in his chest growing bigger and bigger each minute that passes for making her so upset.

"Oh, my beloved please stop crying. I didn't mean for this to happen I just got really angry that he wouldn't let you live with me in my home." He said softly trying not to upset her even more.

"Please don't fight anymore. I don't like it. I want you and my uncle to get along because I love you both so dearly with my heart", she sniffled.

"Alright my love, I won't fight with him anymore. Will you please come out?", he asked hopeful that she would come out.

Slowly she lifted the covers off her and peeked her head through. He could she her pouty lips, tear stained face, and red rimed eyes from her crying. He felt his heart break even more. Reaching over he lifted her up and placed her on his lap. They cuddled for a long tine on the bed waiting for her aunt and uncle to convey their answer to them.

Suddenly the door to the bedroom opened and in walked her aunt with a great big smile that went from ear to ear and her uncle with angry look on his face. They walk over to the bed while holding hands and stood in front of them. Her aunt whispered something in her uncle's ear and he just grunted.

"We've agreed to let you take Strawberry, only if she wants to. We've already called of the engagement to Jonas. You can go on one condition that you let her visit and write to us everyday and you give her one day to pack and for us to say our goodbyes", her uncle stated clearly and calmly.

"Deal", Ignis said excited about her joining him. "I'll see you tomorrow my beloved."