chapter thirty eight

"victoria there's someone here to see you,and i advice you doll yourself up if you want to make a good comeback after delivery!"isabella yelled from the hallway.

"who?"Victoria asked yelling back.

"eric!"Isabella answered.

the sound of his name alone brought a kind of joy to her heart ,immediately she ran into the bathroom and took the fastest shower she had ever had, when she was done she dashed out of the bathroom and ran into her walk-in closet,she scanned her wardrobe for the perfect dress but unfortunately there was no such thing as perfect dress cause all she had where maternity gowns,she ran her hands into her hair in frustration,she was almost about giving up when she spot a red off shoulder gown that she remembered eric buying for her,she said a silent thank you to the heavens and immediately got into it,she was happy that it still fit,thanking the heavens once again that Zion didn't give her much weight.

"victoria!"isabbella yelled gain.

"coming you idiot!'victoria said as she was putting her hair up in a messy bun and applying lipstick.

after taking another look of her appearance in the full length mirror one last time she nodded her head satisfied about how she looked,she went over to Zion's cradle and picked him up, victoria took a deep breath and made her way out of the room,as she got closer to the stairs her heart beat began to race.

Eric as always looked very handsome in the navy blue Armani suite he wore and the sparkling white shirt underneath,his hair as always was a bit messy which meant his fingers had been inside it already since he showered,the striking resemblance betwen the man infront of her and the baby in her arms brought a smile to her face ,no one could argue eric was zions father.

"you look beautifull"eric said to her immediately her feet touched the ground.

"you dont look bad either"victoria said hoping she didn't sound too cheesy.

there was an akward silence between the two after that,victoria speechless and eric drowning his soul in the depths of her eyes,wishing he could do more than just stand and stare at her with his baby in her arms,wishing he could kiss her and tell her how much he missed the other part of him which was her and shout at her for living him,but instead he hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

victoria was disappointed,she had expected a kiss on the lips that meant he had missed her or something but then again she scolded herself for expecting so much after what she did to him,of course he was disappointed what was she expecting.

"so can we talk like in somewhere private and can i hold him?hes my son right?the one you took away from me"eric said his expression brought a little shiver down her spine,fear was the word,he sounded deadly,different from the man that had just complimented her.

"s..sure.. th..is..way"victoria stuttered.

she led him to the sitting room,where they would be left alone,with every step she took victoria felt self conscious,one the man walking behind her was hurt,a wounded lion you could call him and if she made a single mistake he was going to pound on her,the tone of his voice said he was hurt angry and he had something in mind,did she steal his child?was a question going through her mind that she didnt know how to answer.

"soo..how are you?"victoria asked awkwardly.

"my son..i want to hold him"eric said and stretched his hands to take zion from her.

"sure"victoria said and placed zion in his hands.

"he looks like me no doubt"eric said as he looked down at the sleeping zion in his arms.