chapter nine

Victoria was woken up by a tap on her leg, which caused her to turn and kick off the hands from her legs but to no avail whosoever it was kept tapping.

"Go away," she said sleepily

"Victoria we are about to land you need to wake up right now" she heard Eric's voice say which Made her seat up straight immediately, every form of sleep left her eyes.

"Land? How long have I been asleep?" She asked.

"Nine hours straight" he said hands in his pants pocket and face like a granite.

"Wow, is that possible," She said surprised at how long she had been sleeping.

"With a creature like you? The silliest things are possible" Eric said with his face as hard as granite but lust was visible in his eyes because she was looking so sexy in the pink dress even tho her hair was messy.

"A creature like me? If you haven't noticed am human like you Eric" Victoria said shaking her head at him then went into the bathroom to freshen up.

"Don't stay too long in there we land in forty minutes" Eric said and left her room.

When she saw her reflection in the mirror she half screened but placed her hands over her mouth to stop herself, her hair was scattered all over and the mascara she had put on caused dark circles under her eyes, imagine a zombie? yes, that was how she looked like. Embarrassment flooded through her as she realized Eric had seen her like this just a few minutes ago no wonder he called her a creature. She shook her head and washed her face properly, then combed her hair and brushed her teeth, when she was done she changed into a cute short floral gown, then applied her perfume and left the bathroom.

When she went back into the room the stewardess was already done packing her things and was taking them outside, She smiled at the lady and picked up her bag, she left the room and went back to her seat then buckled herself in, Shantel walked up to her and whispered in her ears,

"I pray you die a painful death for taking Eric from me"

Fear crept into Victoria as Shantel's words were laced with hatred and bitterness her aunt always said a bitter woman was a dangerous woman, how could Shantel hate her she wasn't to blame for the contract marriage and how did she take Eric from her, he spent his wedding night with her and is taking her on their romantic trip against her will, if there was anyone that should be upset her it should be her and not Shantel.

Eric came in and buckled himself I'm as the pilot was notifying them that they would soon be landing.

It was when the plane was descending that Victoria realized that she was moving from her seat, she checked her seat belt only to discover that it wasn't buckled, fear gripped her and as she was trying to buckle herself back in, her hands were shaking making it difficult for her to do so, she looked at Shantel and saw her smiling so brightly confirming her suspicions that she was the one who unbuckled the seat belt. Victoria kept struggling with the seat belt but unfortunately, the plane was already descending to the ground which made Victoria fall off her seat, but Eric caught her and placed her on his lap holding her tightly until they landed safely.

Embarrassment flooded through Victoria's body as she couldn't even bring herself to stand up and look at him, at the same time anger flooded through her an anger she was using all her willpower to control.

"You want to kill yourself?" Eric asked angrily, he saw her when she was struggling with her seat belt and fear gripped him, how could she be so careless, and not bother about her own life, luckily he was quick enough to catch her when she was Falling. The thought of something bad happening to her brought a kind of fear in his heart, and it was annoying how this lady was making him feel things he hasn't felt in years.