Chapter 18

DarkBeauty357

I hadn't realized I blacked out until Damon snapped his fingers in front of me. I came to a realization and stood from the dirt ground. I blinked a couple times and looked at him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I could ask the same thing," Damon said observing the area. I looked around at the small village and it was all burnt to the ground. The only thing that stood was a tall metal pole with a flag. "How did you do that? No regular wolf shoots fire out of their hands." He said while still holding his mother in his arms.

I sighed because there was no reason to hide anything from him. He already witnessed everything first hand. "I'm a part witch, but no one can know. Since you'll be joining a pack, and it will probably be mine. You can't even tell my mate, which is going to be hard." I told him.

"Who's your mate?" He asked.

"Alpha Knine."

His eyes widened in shock, which is the most expected reaction. I have made the conclusion that all shifters in the world knew who was, and I was right. Even though we are hours and hours away from Romania, Alec Knine is still a name to fear for all shifters.

"He has a mate? And it's you!" He calmly freaked out. "The Knine Pack is here! Oh my god- you are the Luna!" He said. "I'm going to die. He is going to kill me." He said.

"Damon, why would he kill you? And the whole pack did not come, it's just me and him." I said.

"For starters, what my father did to you. And I saw you with... no clothes." He whispered the last part looking around the woods line. I laughed my ass off.

"Relax it's fine. You saved my life. He should be grateful." I calmed him.

"Is it true?" He asked. My face turned into a puzzled expression. "Is he a god in bed? I've heard rumors from other girls in Romania, you know how well those things spread" He continued.

My face dropped, "We haven't yet. Despite what people think, it is hard being his mate." I said.

He nodded his head. "I understand."

In all reality, I don't think to do. I don't think anyone understood, except Rem and Alice. Everyone probably just thought he was picture perfect and would never hurt his mate. Which was wrong, but I still love him like the idiot I am.

"So I really did this?" I questioned.

The smell of burning flesh hit my nose, and it was like the first time I was seeing this. The body count was huge, and the way they looked, after being burned to death, made me want to puke. "I'm a monster," I whispered to myself. I gulped hard and tried not to let myself cry. This was a lot of guilt to handle at once.

"No, they are. Trust me. They all use and abuse people. Even the females of this rogue pack." He said with distaste in his voice. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Leah Indica," I answered.

"Indica? How unique." He said.

"Do you know how to get back to the Deniero pack?" I asked Damon.

"Yeah, but we need to take my truck there." He nodded down to his mother. I instantly knew what he was implying. She was too weak to shift, and that would be a long walk for the both of us.

I was thankful that he knew where the pack was because I had no idea where I was since I was kidnapped. Again. Damon laid his mother down in the backseat of a truck with blankets that he had. I hopped in the passenger seat and then he started the car.