Chapter 11

(Name) rolled in the grass as Jake rolled with her. They were playing outside today. As (Name) lie on the grass, she was enjoying life until her phone buzzed in the back of her pocket. She sighed as she sat up, taking out the device. She looked at what was disturbing her time with Jake. She knew it couldn't be one of her professors, they had already said ahead of time that most of the assignments were due next week. Instead of seeing an updated message, (Name) saw that it was Ben. It had been a week since the conversation at the coffee shop. She was surprised that Ben was still trying.

Ben: The fair is here today! We should go shortstop!

(Name) laughed a bit at Ben's enthusiasm.

(Name): Heyo Bean! LET'S DO IT!~

A night out would be good. She needed a break from the recent projects that she's been working on. (Name) got up and headed back into the house, Jake watched his sister leave and then ran next door to play with the neighbor's kid.

A day at the fair (Name) was ready for. She had gotten ready and dressed casually; a beanie, flannel and tank top, jeans, and some sneakers. She was comfortable and would be warm enough for this early fall. (Name) had messaged Ben, asking what time should they meet and where. He had made it sound like he wanted to spend all day at the fair and asked her to meet him downtown in the town she lived in. (Name) had agreed that most of the day would be fun, she had decided herself that she would leave early so she had plenty of time to make her way to downtown. With the fair in town, it was bound to be busy on the road. Today, (Name) had decided that she should drive the car, knowing traffic would be stressful. She headed over to her aunt, asking if it was okay to take the car to meet with the same guy from before. Aunt Mary was pleasantly surprised.

"I'm glad to know you two had worked things out. I'm not working this evening so go ahead and take the car." (Name) grabbed the keys and was about to head out when her Aunt called out, "Just make sure to fill it up afterward!"

"I know!" (Name) called out and ran out the door. She got in the car and drove off.

~~~

(Name) sat in her car, she had finally found a parking space on the fairgrounds. She let out a sigh as she leaned back in the seat. It was tiring having to fight through traffic. It was as if everyone in town was going to the fair today. Hopefully, that wasn't the case. If it is, then the lines will be long for the rides.

(Name) grabbed her wallet and quickly messaged Ben that she was here. She bought a wristband for herself so she could go on all the rides. (Name) walked over to a food stand, grabbing a hot dog for herself for lunch.

Finishing up her food, (Name) felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked over and saw no one. She felt another tap. She looked back over, no one was there. When she turned back, sitting in front of her was Ben. (Name) gasped as Ben started laughing. She was shocked to see Ben but not as surprised. She should have known it was him. Ben winked at (Name), causing her to look away and blush a bit.

"Want to go on the tilt-a-whirl?" Ben asked, chuckling evilly. (Name) nodded hesitantly, unsure of whether or not she should have agreed. Ben got up and grabbed (Name), dragging her off to the tilt-a-whirl.

When they got to the tilt-a-whirl, Ben smiled at (Name). She felt like this was going to be a bad idea. Ben innocently held out his wrist with his band on it, he had an evil smile on him from what (Name) could tell. (Name) did the same as Ben; only she didn't have a smile, she was nervous. They got in the cart that had seemed to be half of a dome. The ride supervisor came around, checking to see if everyone was strapped in and that the bar was locked on everyone's lap.