Chapter 10

(Name) had made her way over to Ben, taking a seat in front of him. She had caught him off guard as he was playing on his phone, he almost spits out his coffee from the shock.

"(Name)! You gave me a heart attack there!" Ben pouted quietly but soon turned happy (Name) giggled.

"So why did you want to meet?" He titled his head as (Name) took a sip from the coffee he slid over to her.

(Name) placed her coffee down and gave Ben a serious look, "We have something serious to talk about."

Ben sat up and nodded his head, waiting for her to continue. (Name) hesitated slightly, was this the right decision?

"I've been giving this some thought, I realized that my feelings about this are toxic. However, I want to be able to move from this and not be weighed down by this negativity anymore." Ben nodded his head at what (Name) said. It made her happy knowing he was engaged in the conversation.

"I want to forgive but I need to know the true reason as to why you did what you did in order to move on."

Ben leaned back in the chair, he was conflicted over the conversation and if he really should say the real reason. Ben took a breath in as he gained the strength he needed to be able to tell (Name).

"I... I did it because I was hurting... I'm still hurting but it doesn't excuse what I did to you and others. I was hurt because I lost someone dear to me a long time ago. I felt like the world was rejecting me from happiness. Whenever I saw others perfectly happy, it pained me, making me jealous."

(Name) looked down at her hands, she was tensing up as her anger boiled. She was conflicted. What gave HIM the right to judge? (Name) had tears sprouting from her eyes as she took a shaky breath in, trying to stay calm but it didn't work. Slamming her hands on the table, (Name) ripped into him.

"What gives you the right to decide whether or not to take someone's happiness away?!"

With (Name's) outburst, the people in the coffee shop quieted down; some were staring at her, while others whispered to one another. This caused (Name) to retract her hands and calm down a bit, she was still angry but she knew drawing attention to the situation wouldn't help. Tears began to roll down her eyes as she looked towards Ben.

"Do you even realize how much trauma you've put my brother and me through?! I feel so guilty about my parents' death! I feel like I failed as a sister to protect my little brother! I am so angry! I went as far as to try and hurt you!" The tears kept rolling down her face, one thing surprised (Name), Ben was tearing up as well. "Only I realized that if I got my revenge, I would be just as horrible as you! I couldn't live with myself knowing that."

(Name) grabbed a tissue from her purse as she tried to calm down, silently sobbing as Ben watched on. He looked guilty. Wiping his eyes briefly, he looked at (Name).

"I am so sorry (Name). I didn't realize that this is what you've been going through. At the time, my mind wasn't in the right place to focus on how others felt. I know right now, this sounds like an excuse to you, but I truly regret what I did to your parents."

(Name) was silent. Ben looked away from her, not knowing what more to do. What would she do now that she's heard him out? So many possibilities frightened him.

"Ben... I still can't forgive you... but now that I know your side, as ridiculous as it may seem right now, I'm going to try and forgive you. Even though what you said sounds like an excuse, I can't dwell on this sorrow and hatred forever, I need to move on. If you truly mean what you said, you'll prove it in time."

Both sat in silence sipping coffee. It was like they had silently agreed on what (Name) had said. Eventually, the two had gotten up and went out of the coffee shop. They walked along in silence, Ben every so often, attempting to make small talk. (Name) would answer with a nod or shake of the head. Ben gave up once they reached the park.

"I guess, I'll just let you walk the rest of the way home. Might be better for me to leave you alone." Ben was walking off until he almost lost his balance. (Name) had hugged him. She hugged him tight and when she let go, she ran off back home.

Ben stood there puzzled but surprisingly pleased. He smirked and poof-ed away.

~~~

(Name) laid on her bed, satisfied with getting that off her chest. She felt a bit better. Proud of herself, she went off to the kitchen to reward herself with sweets. Jake had heard her going into the kitchen, his head poked up from the top of the couch. Jake climbed over the couch and carefully slid from the top. He went to his older sister, hugging her.

"(Name)! I missed you today!" Jake gave her a big toothy grin as he bounced up and down. (Name) laughed at her brother's silliness.

"Do you want a snack?" She held up a bag of bread, hinting that she was going to make some toast. Jake nodded his head, running to get the butter from the refrigerator. He came back with it as the bread popped from the toaster. (Name) put some butter on his and her slices. They sat together on the couch enjoying their toast.

(Name) was happy. She told Ben how she felt and she got to spend time with Jake. This is how she liked it. A happy Jake with nothing to worry about. (Name) smiled to herself as she took the last bite of her toast and snuggled her little brother as they watched a movie together.

A/N - Thank le lovely editor, my magical elf friend (MusicalLover8) who has been very helpful. We hope you enjoyed it! If you did like this chapter, please vote and comment your feedback! It is really appreciated and I am always looking for help to grow as an author! Thank you so much for reading this chapter!~