Chapter 1

A/N - I'm going to be honest, this chapter was done for a long time. I didn't publish it until now because I finally felt confident with it. I hope you all enjoy. More is soon to come, I promise. Also, if you liked this story, please vote and comment your feedback! It is really appreciated and I am always looking for help to grow as an author! Thank you so much!

Chapter #1- Who Are You?

(Name) woke up in her quiet room. She looked around, nothing was touched nor moved.

"Good," (Name) sighed.

(Name) got up getting ready for her shower. As (Name) was going through her closet for her clothes for today, she heard a soft hum. (Name) cocked her head and slowly turned as she listened to it.

"Humming?" (Name) said softly as she started to walk towards the sound. She walked out of her closet and looked around.

"That's strange... no one's here." (Name) said.

She was puzzled. How could someone hum when no one was around? It was surely not (Name). (Name) looked around more carefully. Then she heard a chuckle coming towards the TV. (Name) walked towards the TV.

"I-It's coming from here." She mumbled.

(Name) picked up the remote and turned on the TV. Suddenly on the screen appeared the words, 'You shouldn't have done that'.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked the very confused girl. A chuckle came from behind (Name).

"It means you shouldn't have turned on the TV." A voice rang out.

(Name) turned around and was face to face with nothing once more.

"W-Where are you?" She asked.

Nothing more than a laugh came from all around (Name).

"I'm everywhere." She heard the voice say.

(Name) felt uneasy. That laugh that she heard sounded a little sinister. (Name) felt a chill run down her back. Was this in her head, or was someone really here?

"T-Then show yourself!" (Name) tried to sound brave but she failed at that attempt.

"Mmm... not right now." The voice said.

(Name) was puzzled once more. Why didn't it want to show itself? Was it a human or something more than that? This didn't make any sense to (Name).

"Why not?" (Name) asked.

She never got a reply because her mother walked in on (Name). She was concerned. She had heard (Name) talking to herself.

After explaining to (Name's) mother, (Name) had taken her shower. Her parents didn't believe her and left for work, leaving (Name) to watch her brother. Her brother was playing with his toys while (Name) sat and read a book. She heard that same chuckle from earlier. Jake looked up at (Name) and she knew that this wasn't in her head.

"Jake... why don't you go play in the other room while I clean up?" (Name) suggested.

What (Name) was really going to do was have a talk with the voice that Jake and she heard. Jake got up and took some of his toys to the other room. As an older sibling, (Name) was determined to take care of Jake.

"Okay, what do you want now?" (Name) had her hands on her hips as she stood up to face this voice. Another small chuckle was heard.

"Gee this guy likes to chuckle a lot." (Name) closed the book that she had set down on the table next to the couch and went to place it on the shelf.

When (Name) turned around to go back and sit, she saw what looked like Link. The only difference was the blood and black sclera. He was smirking at her. (Name) was curious. Who was he and why was he here?

"Who are you?" She asked. He just looked at (Name) and smirked more.

"That's none of your concern right now." He answered back. (Name) just nodded her head.

"Mkay... why are you here then?" she asked.

"That's none of your concern either. What's with all the questions?" He answered. (Name) stood in front of him just confused.

"No reason..." (Name) replied.

"You should go check on Jake." He said.

(Name) looked at him like he was nuts. How did he know her brother's name? That made (Name) panic. She thought that maybe he did something to him. Without thinking anymore, (Name) sprinted towards the room where her brother was. (Name) poked her head in and saw that he was still playing with his toys. She sighed in relief that he was okay. (Name) walked back to the living room. The guy that was here earlier was now gone. (Name) stood there and looked around her. Nothing. She decided it was best to take Jake somewhere until their parents were on their way home. (Name) grabbed him and one of his toys.

"Let's go to the park." (Name) suggested.

Jake nodded and smiled really big. (Name) opened the door and walked out with Jake in her arms.

Peace is what they needed. To get away from whatever that was. Thankfully the park was only a few minutes away. Jake and (Name) walked together hand in hand. A proud smile began to play on (Name's) lips. The duty of protecting Jake was fulfilled, sort of. Now that (Name) thought about it; it probably would have been better to just have called the police. Then again, who would believe her? Some random guy just popped out of thin air and seems to be invisible at times. Yeah, totally believable.

When Jake and (Name) reached the park, Jake ran off to go play. (Name) sat down on a bench as she thought more about that strange guy. Would it even be safe to go back home? That was a question (Name) couldn't answer. What about mom and dad? Would they be safe or come home to find some weirdo? Those questions made (Name) worry even more. She should have just called the police but now, she felt helpless and like there was no point to call the police after remembering this thing could disappear into thin air. Her phone was back home anyway.