Back in the USA

A/N: I make Kousei and Kaori a bit like but not carbon-copy of a Korean pianist by the name of Yiruma in terms of the style of original pieces they make, but as a duet.

July 1st, 2024, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.

Kousei and Kaori's first stop: Honolulu, Hawaii.

Their managers get them one of the city's oldest and one of the most expensive hotel and resort, Moana Hotel, in the neighborhood of Waikiki.

They have been in the United States before in individual concerts and world competitions, but not Hawaii.

Right now, they are enjoying each other's company by swimming at the beach in front of the hotel surrounded by their bodyguards after a grueling practice session in the hotel. Kaori wears a yellow swimsuit while her husband's only cover was a sky-blue short.

In testament of their fame, they were always accompanied by eight bodyguards, four each.  

The arrangement were in place since both Kousei and Kaori have encountered stalkers back in Japan over the year, and one of them, by the name of Enomoto Takeshima even sent both him and Kaori letters which exposed his intent to kidnap the couple. Luckily, he's already committed to a Tokyo mental hospital by his family. 

The tired Kousei soon went into, and sat on one of the lounge chairs of the beach, while Kaori, grinning happily, sat beside his own, accompanied by fresh young coconut water.

"To be honest, I feel like a prisoner due to those people surrounding us." She said to her husband, referring to their bodyguards, armed with pistols and Tasers. "I finally understand what to be in your position back in the day. Imprisoned by perfection." The violinist had once again put out Kousei's hellish childhood into the conversation.

"Well, your affliction also imprisoned you back then." Kousei replied.

"But it helps me to get free and enjoy life as I want to." Kaori said again while drinking the coconut water. Her husband can only ponder in silence, expressionless. He'd accepted his past. But still, if someone brought out such thing to him, in some cases it felt like his entire body paralyzed due to pain.

He soon get closer to Kaori and hug her in order to calm himself down. 

"And that time made me meet you. You know that I will always be with you. Oh, yeah, speaking about kids, let me be honest in advance. I'm more than ready to do that, anytime, as we spread our music around the world. But, as a man, you are the lead. You can do it, my dear!" She pulled her husband to intensify the skinship, and kissed him in his forehead.

Kousei answered his wife. "Not here, not now. But one day we will do that as we enjoy this long trip. Trust me, Kaori. And I am willing to have more than two. We're both only child so let's ensure our heirs won't be like us too.. I'm always want a quite large family anyway." 

"You know me so well, my dear.

---

Two days later, in one of the rehearsals prior to the D-Day in Neal. S. Blaisdell Center. 

"It seems the tune was slightly inaccurate" said somebody before Kousei could get into the piano for the exercise.

"What?" The pianist asked.

"Worry not, Mr. Arima, This particular piano had just finish it's scheduled maintenance and of course, it need retuning." said the director of the community center, Lee Jones.

"Thank God you told me before this" Kousei sighed, but also felt relieved that the promoter detected the problem in advance before the concert began.