26.

Unedited!

A FEW WEEKS LATER:

Arsenio sat in his office going through some of the case files but his mind was distracted. He was still thinking about what Roman had told him a few weeks ago and Arsenio too had got some checking of his own done. Roman was right, his father was a sick mafia, a man who had been running from Interpol, the Scotland Yard and FBI for his entire life and now he wanted back in the USA. His mother was a spy planted for the past so many years and she had slowly done everything, all the reporting, probably even following him all the while somehow raising his brother and him.

And now they wanted the island, which he had received after marrying his Plummy.

A knock came on the door.

"Come in," Arsenio said and Hector entered. His eyes too were very tired and sunken.

"What is it?"

"I was wondering if you would like to take the Jacobs project, not really feeling up for building a resort for them," Hector drawled.

Arsenio grinned, tension slowly slipping away.

"Get lost; I am not taking that project!"

"Come on, there is an assured profit of a 100 million dollars and maybe more, completely renewable project, a range of  resorts across Papua New Guinea!" Hector said.

"Lucrative but I am already swamped with the range of condominiums I am building in Seattle, in fact I am going with Plummy to Seattle next week,"

"What is the starting selling price?"

"Four million each condo, there is twenty five per cent profit on each unit but bookings have already started and we sold two of our units for six million each that is a total profit of..."

"Three million, gotcha, don't show off, I too landed the deal for making condos in Paris, that'll be three million euros each, so come back on the Earth, will ya?" Hector said, his eyes dancing with mirth.

"Hector Sir, there is girl waiting for you in her office?" Sawyer said, peeping inside Arsenio's office.

"Who is it? I don't reckon making an appointment," Hector frowned.

"A girl by the name Jessica," Sawyer said. Arsenio frowned, could it be his wife's friend? No, Jessica was very common name, it must be someone else.

"Oh okay, you can send her here," Hector said and Sawyer nodded.

"Who is it?"

"Nothing, just this girl that I met when we were at Roman's, at a club, why do ask?"

"Nothing, Plum too has a friend called Jessica, don't trust her yet but just asked,"

"I don't think it is her, why would she follow me to Hamptons otherwise, that would be weird and freaky really,"

A knock echoed in the room and the girl entered. Hector's friend entered, Arsenio's gaze grew grave when he recognised exactly which Jessica was it. He clenched his teeth tightly and let his deadly gaze settle on her witchy form.

"I heard you had a brother Mr Torres,"

"I still do Ms Smalls," Arsenio drawled, "he is in Chicago for a business meeting."

"Hey, Jessica," Hector whispered, "come on in,"

Jessica smiled but she gulped when she saw Arsenio, her eyes looked frightened and she look like a shrivelled raisin.