21.

unedited.

"Welcome to my humble abode," Hector drawled.

Arsenio glared at Hector, his angel wife wanted to see Hector's house and was very upset when he had not invited her. No one hurt his wife's feeling.

Hector smirked at him and followed his little girl.

"How do you like the house Plum?" Hector asked. Arsenio saw his little girl give him a beautiful smile; he kept his jealousy at bay. Hector had got over his feelings for Plum and it was a relief for Arsenio, he didn't want to fight with his brother, it would've turned ugly.

"We got the tiles especially from a local manufacturer in India, he is an expert with blue pottery tiles," Hector explained as he showed her the kitchen tiles. Arsenio saw his wife look in awe and quickly type something on her phone. She didn't like the house they were living in, it was an 'old man' house. He kept his thoughts to himself on that, it was a perfect house for a powerful man like him who was interested in a family home but what Her Highness wanted her highness got.

"This is so beautiful," she whispered, "now we will have so much fun decorating it."

"Of course," Arsenio bit out.

She frowned at him and dragged him to the nearest bedroom, they entered the bathroom and his wife gasped.

"You got me a boring white tub," she complained.

"That boring white tub is classy," Arsenio argued.

"It is boring, we need a stone tub," she declared. Arsenio pinched the bridge of his nose and turned to Hector who had his eyes wide open.

"What?" Arsenio asked.

"She spoke," Hector muttered, "in front of me."

Arsenio's eyes widened as he saw Plum checking the counters and taps.

"Let's not make her conscious about it," Arsenio said, "we will go about normally."

Hector nodded and explained the other fixtures in the bathroom. His girl was getting confident, he smiled and his heart felt light. He placed his arm over her shoulder and placed a small kiss on her forehead. They walked out of the bathroom and towards the living area where the housekeeper had arranged an assortment of snacks and drinks for them.

"Plum, please have something," Hector offered.

Plum giggled and picked a small berry. Arsenio saw Hector trying to bite back his smile, Arsenio frowned.

"I have surprise for you Plum," Hector said. Plum looked at him, her small mouth in an 'o', but her eyes shone with excitement.

"Do you want it?" Hector asked. Her full cheeks filled with a rosy hue and she bit her plush lip and nodded shyly, she fumbled with her hands. His little girl wanted the surprise.

"Well you have to ask for it," Hector said.

Arsenio sat up and glared at hector. What the fuck was wrong with him? He turned to Plum and she looked uneasy but it seemed she was trying. She was looking down at her hands and opened her mouth a few times. They had made her conscious.

"Can I get surprise?" she asked finally. A breath of relief left Arsenio's body and he leaned his body against the sofa cushion. He caressed her cheek and smiled with adoration filled eyes, she smiled back at him.

Hector nodded and stood up. His housekeeper passed him a basket and he gave it to Plum. Plum looked at the blanket covered basket and then at Hector with eyes filled with questions.