17.

"I want you home by four in the evening, I am taking you out somewhere, be ready," he grunted.

"I am busy," she mumbled. She was not busy really; she would be free from her designing with Jessica by one in the afternoon and with her therapy by two thirty. She had ample of time to get ready but she didn't want to go out.

"I don't care how busy you, I will drag you with me Plum. Don't test my patience," he snapped and she gasped and looked away from him.

She picked her stuff for the day and walked out of the room and he followed her.

"You don't have to take an Uber, I will drop you at your friend's place," he said with finality.

She gulped back the retorts that stood on her tongue. He was in a very snappy mood since the morning and she wasn't the one to test it.

They sat in the car and she told him the dress, he conveyed the message to the driver. They sat in silence and she stared out of the window. She was still very upset with him and was asserting the fact effectively. She felt his hand on her thigh and turned to him, he had a tender expression on his face.

"What can I do to get a smile on your face?" he asked. His voice was tender but she was too upset to talk. It saddened her that he didn't realise his folly. She sniffed and turned away.

"Baby girl..." he whispered, "talk to me."

"I am sorry but I only talk to people close to my heart," she sniffed, "and you are a thousand miles away from it."

"Okay, what route will get me closer to your precious heart?" he asked.

"Pondering and interrogation," she said, "maybe you will realise it yourself."

"I think you meant introspection,"

"Ok shookspeare..."

"Shakespeare," he corrected again

She gave him a mean glare and he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You need to stopping insulting me..."

"I was simply correction your words, I don't want you to make this mistake in front of the others," he explained.

"Sir, we have arrived," the driver informed.

She turned to open the door when he pulled her to him and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you," he said.

She didn't reply back.

***

"I think you are giving him a hard time Gummy Plummy Bear, it is clear that he is trying," Jessica remarked, "he is taking you out for dinner. He is trying to communicate with you."

How can you be so sure?

"Because you explained it to me via your texts," Jessica said.

Plum frowned and typed on her phone.

Arsenio San scolded me for going out for party.

"It is a very legit and expected reaction from a man who loves you so much and I reckon you didn't inform him of your decision to go to the club. Imagine his plight when he wanted to surprise you only to find the house devoid of his love!" Jessica said.

Plum bared her teeth and screeched lightly, Jessica simply snorted at her expression. Plum was getting frustrated.

But her spanked me and said I was not as gullible and innocent as he thought I was. He even questioned my integrity!