Chapter 34

S. P. Whitman's POV.

The day after Ben and I made out, he asked me out. We have been dating for 6 weeks. I wrote him poems everyday. It seemed like he liked my poems more than he liked me, but I still wrote them anyway. One day, he stopped writing poems and I'm not sure why.

I told him my secrets and he told me his. He told me his backstory and about his mother. He told me I was his life and he was the nicest person ever. He told me to never stop loving him and I never stopped.

Over time his attitude changed and I didn't like it. He was different. Over time he started to be manipulative. He complained about his issues. He was beginning to become opaque and difficult. One day he got mad at me and broke up with me. Then the next day he asked for me back and I let him have me without a second thought.

Later, I realized I just wanted to be loved. I was beginning to not like him anymore or maybe I felt that him and I were annoying each other and we needed a break. We never took a break though.

We used to just text each other 'I love you' every 5 minutes even though text messages mean nothing. I'm not even sure if I loved him in the first place. We didn't kiss anymore, all we did was just talk.

We talked about getting married and having kids. We sat on FaceTime for hours each day. Sometimes we talked about things other times we sat there and sometimes we stared at each other. We talked about ex's and the way he talked about Cassidy, it seemed like he secretly still loves her.

Over time, I noticed Cassidy was in my art class and we became friends. Cassidy is a 10th grader and she has her license. I told her a lot and she understood. She made me realize I don't think I want to be with this type of person.

He started to act differently this week, as if he didn't want me anymore. I asked Cassidy to act like she likes him again to see what he does and I'll act mad. I just want to see if he still loves her.

Today I walked into the lunch room and saw Cassidy all up on Ben. They were holding hands. They were laughing together. He didn't push her away. They looked as if they were still dating.

I felt my face grow red, this wasn't acting. "You're with your ex now?"

"Uhhh."

"My mother warned me about boys like you. I thought you were different."

"I'm sorry.  I just lost feeling. It's not my fault that I only loved you for your poems. Your face is beautiful, I promise you that, but I wanted Cassidy back. I think I still love her."

I can understand if you suddenly lose feelings for me but tell me first. Never go back to your ex!!! Everyone knows this. I'm pretty sure I had fire in my eyes when I was talking to him.

"We are done. You should know I see right through you. I'm sorry that I had ever loved you."