Chapter 18.

He felt sick.

Tyler paced around the living room hallway. He couldn't sit still. Everytime he did that same stupid memory threw up in his brain again.

Ring.

He flinched. Every muscle in his body tensed. His eyes filled with hot tears and he refused to un-plant his feet from the ground.

"Tyler, it's Ryan. I have your stuff." For the first time in a while he heard his friends voice. It was quiet and soft, like normal.

He slowly, ever so slowly, moved his way to the door. He hand shaking, reached for the door.

Ryan immediately hugged the younger boy making him flinch. He let go as quickly and he held on thinking he was hurt.

Tyler mumbled a quiet sorry before moving out of the way so he could come in.

He set Tyler's stuff on the floor next to the odimen. "Tyler, I have no idea what's going on, but please, talk to me."

The other shook his head, "I can't."

"Why can't you?"

He sat there quietly for a moment before starting to cry. "E-everything's going to fast. W-way to fast." He murmured again.

 Ryan never did good with these type of situations, that was always Spencer's thing. The whole crying and comforting thing, he was to awkward to manage that. He was going to do his best though. "Tyler calm down." -Wrong use of word choice there. "I-I meant it's okay, just know that I'm here for you."

He ripped his stare from the ground. "I-I don't know how to talk about it."

"That's okay, but whatever it was must have scared you a lot. You don't deserve to be alone"

Tyler knew that. Really he did, it was a conflicted type of feeling really. He didn't want to be alone, that scared him. But being with someone meant they were going to ask questions and that seemed to scare him more. "Thanks for coming." 

"Yeah no problem...I'll see you later then?"

He nodded, though he know he probably wouldn't see him any time soon.

"Josh is really worried about you." Was all he said before leaving.

He knew that already. He knew his parents were worried, his school, his friends and yes Josh. There wasn't much he could do about that. They would just have to learn how to forget him right? It couldn't be that hard. He was a nobody. All he did was feel bad for himself. He didn't deserve someones worry. That when he felt himself running out the door, running after the guy who just walked out. "Ryan! Wait." He panted trying to catch his breath. He would add getting fit on his list of things to do. "I need help."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow.." Ryan breathed out. "You need to go to the cops." He stated again.

"I-I cant. Look at it this way if it was so hard for me to tell you, imagine how hard its going to be to tell a stranger."

"If you ever want to feel remotely safe again, telling the cops might help."

He goes quiet.

"You asked for my help, please let me help you."

"He threatened me..it'll happen again. I dont have any proof that it happened."

"You can still give a report."

"And if it doesn't do anything, he'll hurt me more then he did the last."

"I don't know if that's possible. He already-" He stopped himself. There was something about that word that just felt forbidden to say out load.

"I..I know."

"It's your choice."

Tyler already knew that. He already knew a lot of things. Just how he knew this wasn't going to get better because he wasn't going to say a word to anyone. It might be stupid on his part but he couldn't. Ryan knew that.
As much as his brain tried to resist he stood up. "Okay. Let's tells the cops.."