Dad's bestfriend

Maha P.O.V

I woke up with the laughter coming from our living area. I checked the time and to my surprise it was 5 p.m. sharp I had slept for straight 2 hours after lunch.

I am not the person who like to sleep in afternoon but today I don't know how sleep took over me. Feeling grumpy and irritated I gotten myself freshen up.

Planting a fake smile on my face I made my way out. When my eyes found the people or more particularly a person sitting on our couch I felt my eyes bulged out of their sockets.

My heartbeat picked up its speed. I can't believe the scene unfolding infront of my eyes.

"Here she is.!" I heard my mum excited voice at which that person took a notice of me. He looked shocked but than smiled at me warmly. I was too shocked to even return the gesture.

"Maha come here meet Mr and Mrs. Shah. And she is my daughter Maha." my dad introduced me to them. I gulped as I took a seat beside Pari. She was looking so happy. Everyone was looking happy except me.

I greeted them politely "Mr Shah or I say Tausif is my bestfriend from university Maha. He is a top businessman." I smiled at him in acknowledgement. I sighed in relief. They are not here for proposal.

"And this is their son Tahir." I smiled at him finally.

"Mr. Khan you don't need to introduce us. We had met before. Isnt it Maha.?" I glared at him. What the hell is wrong with him.? What part of 'my family don't allow me to hangout with boys' he didn't get.?

"Really.? Maha never mentioned to us." my mum said in surprise.

"Actually mum we bumped into eachother in mall. And his friends had ditched him so he sat with us because he was also friend with Miley's bodyguard. Isn't it Tahir.?" I was throwing daggers at him. I wanted to strangle this guy so bad.

They all just nodded and got indulged back in their conversation.

Then all of a sudden Pari said "Maha why dont you show him around.? He is looking pretty bored with all those elders conversation." as if he is not a elder himself. I was about to declined but my dad beat me to it.

"Yes go ahead son. You will like our little house." seriously dad.! He think our house is small. Is he kidding me..?!

I motioned him to follow my lead. Once we were out of their hearing. I heard him chuckle.

"Whats so funny.?" I asked him annoyed.

"Your face was priceless back than. Oh God how I controlled myself from laughing out loud." I felt my face heat up.

"You said you will send your parents at my place with proposal and in 2 days they are sitting in my living area sipping on tea. What do you expect from me.?" I shrugged my shoulder and took him in the backyard of our house.

"I am sorry. But I had no idea that Mr. Khan is your father." I never told him alot about my parents.

"Well even your parents don't look like yours.!" I tried to joke but something crossed his face. It was gone as soon as it came. I didn't got the time to read his expression. He was back to his normal self.

"I got my looks from my grandfather." he explained.

"So...its being 2 days...." he trailed off.

"I know Tahir." I tied my hair into a bun.

"let it down please. You look gorgeous with your hairs down." I blushed but nodded letting my hair down on my shoulder.

"I want to know your answer Maha. Call me impatient but I can't control myself anymore. This suspense is killing me." I had thought about it alot. My heart was screaming for me to say No. But what's the point of waiting and hoping for something that will never going to happen.

I had to marry someone or another. Knowing my mother she will try to set me up with someone. So its better to marry someone you know rather than going for a complete stranger.

I sucked in a deep breath "Yes."

He looked shocked "Come again.!" he said not believing his ears. I laughed at his expression.

"Yes Mr. Tahir Shah I will marry you." he held me on waist and spun me around making me laugh.

"You have no idea how happy I am Maha. You made me the luckiest guy on earth. I love you Maha thank you sooo much.!" He pulled me into a tight hug. But I pulled away awkwardly. I felt suffocated in his arms. It was nothing like David...

Get a grip Maha..! You can't think about him, not now.

"I can't believe it." he breathed.

"Believe me Tahir. I am real we are real and this is happening." I felt my heartbreak. I was trying to assure myself more than him. I can't make myself agree with the words I spoke.

"Oh God Maha. I need to tell my parents. You are mine.!" he hugged me once again. Tears escaped my eyes unwillingly.

I still wish for you David. I still wish for you.