Chapter 41

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers out there. 😚💞❤️

Chapter 41 - Black and Gray

The moment I started to think of my childhood, the only thing that I can remember was when I was 10 years old.

At first, I thought it was only natural since it was a long time ago, but the more I try to reminisce, all I can remember is nothing. It's as if I didn't exist prior.

"Isn't that what you always wanted?" A familiar voice said.

I turn around and face the person who spoke and saw myself. The only difference in our appearance was the dirty blonde hair she is wearing and cold calculating eyes.

"What I wanted? Whatever you mean by that?" I asked confused.

"You hated your very existence to the point of destroying yourself." She said.

I look at her in confusion.

"But the blessing—ah no...curse is the most fitting word for it, stops you from doing so." She added making me it more confusing.

"I don't understand what you are trying to say."

"I wanted to show you but that could also mean ending what you have right now."

Then, I remembered my quest of finding the remaining stones. "Does it have anything to do with Queen Catherine's stones?"

A sinister smile crept up on her face and said, "You'll see."

Then...I woke up tied in a chair.

I feel dizzy and hazy the moment I opened my eyes so the situation I'm currently in didn't immediately registered.

Then, I heard voices of people talking in a hush voice. When my eyes finally adjusted into my surroundings, I saw two man talking near the door of the room.

When the bald man noticed that I'm awake, he pat his companion, the one with the mustache, and pointed his finger towards me.

They approached where I was seated and the mustache man said something to the bald guy in which he just nodded his head in approval.

The bald man took out something from his pocket, a cellphone, and dialed a number before going out of the room.

"Little missy," The mustache man started saying. "Why are you here?" He asked.

My forehead creases at his question. "Shouldn't I be asking you that question? You abducted me and tied me in a chair," I said calmly. I don't want to have an outburst just to make the situation worst as already is.

"We aren't the ones who abducted you. We are just simply following the orders of our client to hold onto his 'baggage' before delivering it to its rightful place. His words, not mine."

"Who is this client you are talking about?" I asked.

The mustache man was about to say something before he got interrupted by the bald guy. "They're here."

"I don't know how'd you get yourself involve with these people little missy but you're really in for a trouble." The mustache man said before leaving the room with the bald guy.