♚ Chapter 10♚

Eiffel

"Hey! Wake up!" Called someone.

I felt a slight shake on my left shoulder waking me up from my slumber.

"What is it?" I said drowsily at the intruder.

"You gotta get up. You need to leave." He  warned. I look out the window and noticed that it was still dark outside.  

"Huh? Just go back to your room and let me sleep...okay?" I said as I cover my face with a pillow.

"No! You got to listen to me." He said as he removed the pillow and throw it on the other side of the bed.

"Hey," I grunted.

 "Get up! You need to go or they'll do it again....Please." He said pleadingly.

That did it. He never pleads. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I got up immediately and saw him. He's all worn out.  

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned. I tried to reach his face, but he suddenly grabs my hand.

"They're coming. You need to leave." He said seriously and drag me out of my bed.

"Who's coming?"  I asked confused. He didn't answer me and continue to drag me as we sneak pass the hallways.

"Be quiet or they'll find us." He whispered. 

When we reached the back door of the building...

"Let's go." He said as he pushed the door open. 

The alarm suddenly went on. 

"Damn!" I heard him cursed. "Run!"

We ran as fast as we could, but we got surrounded easily. They are all wearing black suits and had their guns pointed at us. 

"Stay at my back." He whispered. " I'll make a diversion. Run as fast as you can away from here."

"W-what about you?" I asked scared of what might happen to him.

"I'll be fine."

"Bu-"

"No buts." 

He took something out of his pocket and threw it in front of him. 

"Run!" He shouted as I heard gunshots everywhere.

**

"Hey, wake up." I felt a slight tap on my cheek.  Opening my eyes,  I saw Axel looking straight at me. His face is just inches away from mine.

I gasp and abruptly got up, making my head bump into his forehead.

"OUCH." "Aw." We said in unison. 

"What was that headbutt for?" He ask, rubbing his forehead. 

"You startled me. Sorry." 

"We're here." 

"Here?" Confusion is written all over my face. 

"Paris."

"Oh."

"Take these." He handed me a black hoodie and a pair of black sunglasses. 

"Wear them. I'll wait for you outside." He started walking towards the door, but I quickly grab his arm to stop him.

"Wait....um..." I started.

I looked at his shoulder where he got shot. Since he's wearing a long sleeve shirt, I can't tell. I never got the chance to ask him because he lock himself inside the room all throughout the flight.

"Ho...how was your shoulder?" I finished.

He just stared at me blankly. 

"It was bleeding profusely earlier so I..." 

"I'm fine." He finally answered. 

"But..."

"Drop it." He said then left me inside the plane.

I sighed. 

 I look at the items he gave me. At least I can hide my face using this. 

Once I'm done putting them on I took off, but before I step out of the plane, I suddenly remembered something.

"Err..what was it again?" I asked myself. It feels like I forgot something really important. I tried to remember what is it but nothing comes up. 

  I just shrug and step out. I saw Axel downstairs talking to Mason and the guy in the suit. 

Oh yeah, I never got his name. 

As I descended the stairs, Mason saw me and waved with a broad smile on his face.

I waved back awkwardly. 

When I reached the three of them, the guy in suit smiled at me then walks away.

"How was your sleep, love?" Mason asked.

"Um...good."

"Great!" He said then ruffles my hair.

"Stop it," I removed his hand. He's messing my hair!

"Let's go," Axel loudly says as he stand right next to a black vehicle. 

The chauffeur opened the door for him, then he entered.  

"Well, I guess you better go." He said then suddenly leans on my right ear. "He's in a bad mood don't let him wait long." He whispered.

"You're not coming?" I asked. 

"Aw. Do you want me to stay with you?" He teased.

"Funny. I was just asking." i said creasing my forehead. 

"I got other matters to attend to."  He said smiling.

Suddenly, we heard a loud honk.

BEEEEP

Mason and I turn our heads to the black car.

"What's his problem?" I asked.

"Told you he's in a bad mood." Mason said laughing. He grabs both of my shoulders and suddenly turn me around. Now, I'm facing the car.

With a slight push he said. "You better go." 

"Okay." I started walking towards the vehicle. 

"Bye love!" I heard Mason screamed before I entered the car. 

"We're 5 minutes behind schedule because of your unnecessary actions." Axel suddenly said.

My head snap at his direction. He's busy typing something on his laptop but I know he's talking to me.

"Are we attending a meeting?" I asked, eyes squinted.

He didn't bother to answer me so I kept my mouth shut. I remembered Mason's words earlier: "He's in a bad mood." I wonder why. Maybe it's because of my question earlier? My headbutt? Or other matters? I can't tell. I just sighed and leaned on the window.

Through tinted glass, I just admired the view outside. I've been here before, but I never got the chance to explore this city because I was always surrounded by my guards.

As the car go further into the city, I saw the Eiffel tower. 

"I want go there." I suddenly mumbled aloud to myself.

I look on my side and saw Axel wearing his earphones. He's still busy typing whatever that is.

Good thing he didn't hear anything.

I slumped back in my seat and just stared at the window as the Eiffel tower disappears from the view.

End of Chapter 10