19

Chapter 19

Haley and Xavier got into the car after the brief conversation that was not spoken in words between Tyson and Haley. Xavier sped home quickly as Haley observe the scenery around them. She was oblivious to how Xavier seemed so frustrated, or upset this time but it was clearly indicated by his death grip on the steering wheel. Xavier was going to have to leave Haley for a full day if not more. This enraged Xavier because it left the uncertainty of Haley being safe and protected while he was gone. But the circumstances had lead him to believe that leaving Haley with the Devin's was the best option for both of them.

They quickly arrived home with Xavier pulling the car back into the garage like he had left it. When the two exited the car Xavier was quick to walk around and take Haley's smaller hand in his. He opened the door into the house for them and led the way into the kitchen where a pack cook had made soup for them to eat for dinner.

Xavier pulled Haley into a seat and sat across from her as he set a bowl down in front of her. Haley's stomach turned within its self as the soup was set down. It wasn't that the soup was foul smelling or unappealing at all. Haley just didn't feel right with the situation at hand, without her knowing what it was, and made the very slim apatite she had diminish to nothing.

After a few bites that Xavier had took he decided to speak up.

"I have a lot of work that I need to do. You can go to bed." Xavier's words seemed to pierce Haley has he talked as if had never and would never care for her.

She only gave a slight nod partly upset with him. She had thought over how the work may be tedious and stress him out or perhaps he may have been tired and not realized the tone he held while speaking with Haley. She had made up a few other scenarios where Xavier cared for her still but had a issue at hand to deal with and caused the sharp tone of voice from him.

Haley stood from her seat without even touching the spoon or the bowl of soup. She turned and walked to the room that both of them shared. She took a relaxing shower and headed to bed as Xavier started his laborious work of contacting the Moonstone pack.

*

Haley had not eaten for a full day as her stomach clinched and rolled with her emotions over Xavier and a selcouth feeling that had washed upon her without even a small amount of real reasoning for it. Haley sighed as her body felt fatigued and corpulent. Deciding it would most likely be best to just go to bed early again that's what she did. There was no reason for her to stay up as she had no use around the house and Xavier clearly didn't need or want her in his presence as he had went to bed late after Haley and awoke long before she had got up for his spot was empty, cold, and straightened out.

As Haley fell into a light sleep Xavier let out a frustrated growl as he was tired of working through the extensive and prolonged process of getting access to the land and a time to be there. His wolf was not only upset at the mentally strenuous work but that his mate was not with him nor had he seen her for more then the brief moments she was asleep in bed before he convinced himself to leave the tingles of their touch to help ensure Haley's safety.

Xavier worked for about three more hours till he couldn't stand being in the same house as his mate without being able to see or touch her. His wolf was anxious to see her now that they had spent everyday of the past week together but haven't seen her for just over twenty four hours. To tired to even read another word as his brain seemed to pulsate in his skull he thought best of it if he just turn in for the night and start early in the morning again. His heavy steps thudded down the hall as he made his way into his room.

Haley had heard a door close subconsciously and the thundering footsteps of Xavier as he walked around their room. She rolled from her back to onto her side as Xavier watched her while he got undressed. Xavier pulled the covers of the bed back sliding in between the sheets, he laid on his side as his arm draped over the thin waist of Haley that was clad in a hooded sweatshirt that was over two sizes to big as it was Xavier's.

A pleasurable moan left the thin pale pink lips of Haley as Xavier's large rough hand found the exposed skin of the small of her lower lumbar region. The electric current ran through both of the bodies causing warmth to spread. This made Xavier's wolf content even with the amount of time they were not together. That did not mean that Xavier felt the same.

He was selfish and jealous. Selfish as in he would need more then just the touch and spreading warmth to keep him content and please him. He didn't know what she was doing today but he didn't care now that he had her in such close proximity. The jealous Alpha envied the air that surrounded her as it got to touch, hold, and caress her but he did not get that opportunity.

Xavier kissed the corner of Haley's lips as he restrained himself from smothering her with affection and stealing Haley's first kiss without her knowledge, approval or consent.

Xavier had then fallen asleep with Haley as his last thought.

*

Xavier had woken up early as he told himself too. He battled between staying in bed with the woman he was possibly falling for if he went to such great lengths just for some answers, waking up the elysian who slept beside him, and just leaving to get work done.

He had chose the later of the two causing alexithymia to flood through her as she woke up. She did not even change out of the simple pair of underwear and the oversized jacket when she a woke finding it definitely unnecessary to get dressed when she would not see Xavier. That also gave her no need to impress him, like she could with her cheap wardrobe anyways.

Walking down the hall Xavier caught a whiff of the multiple citrus smells that radiated off of his most needed person assuring him the she was awake. He stopped his work to listen.

Hearing movement and what he believed was the refrigerator door close a smile slithered across his face like a lion finding its meal.

Feather like footsteps littered the floor. Xavier knew he could not take another day alone. So he called for Haley. The only response he got was footsteps. The door handle jiggled and Haley side stepped into the brown hues of the office.

"Come here." His voice was soft as he waved her over.

Haley stood next to Xavier with her hand folded in front of her. He pulled her down to his lap with a light 'umph' as he no longer envied the air for he was wrapped securely around her as if a butterfly was cocooned. He now sighed with content as he took a big breath in on Haley's neck. He let his warm breath fan her as frisson ran down her spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word you may not know in this chapter.

Selcouth- when everything feels strange

Corpulent- heavy, fat, bulky

Elysian- beautiful or creative; peaceful and perfect

Alexithymia- the inability to express your feelings

Frisson- a shiver of pleasure

~
AN: waiting for a smog on Grams. I love my car. But update update updated!

Hope you enjoy!