16

Chapter 16

"We have to go. Xavier will be back, we will wait in his office." Reid said lightly taking the wrist of Haley to quickly pull her into the safety of the home instead of outside.

About forty five minutes had passed with Reid working on pack papers at Xavier's desk and in his chair. Haley was laying on the couch letting her mind flow and now process what Xavier said.

Something with rouges but Haley was pretty sure that the word rogue meant it was a reddish color. Also territory, the way he said it, like he had and owned a big place or piece of land around and was in charge of it. Then she was thinking about multiple things that he had said in the past but one stuck out that she still didn't have the answer to. Mates.

Not very long later Xavier walked in looking tired and somewhat dirty. Reid got out of the chair with a nod, walking around the desk for his Alpha to sit down.

Xavier walked over to Haley before he went to sit down and grabbed her hand lightly pulling her with him as she followed. He sat down in the big office chair and pulled her into his lap. Once settled he put his nose in her neck and hair taking a big whiff in. Immediately he calmed down and relaxed into the chair. The two men continued on paper work for a while longer then Reid left for the night saying he had to get to Laura.

Xavier finished a few more papers then leaned back into the chair with his eyes closed. His hand was on Haley's hip and thigh holding her to him. With his hand underneath the hem of her shirt he rubbed light circles with his thumb over her hipbone sending chills to shoot all over her body and was replaced with warmth as he continued.

Haley studied him for a while, while he had his eyes closed. She was taking in all his features from the length of his eyelashes, to the bump on the bridge of his nose. Haley though that he had truly handsome features and some slightly added to his intimidating demeanor.

His eyes slowly fluttered open to catch Haley staring. He grabbed a piece of clean paper and put it in front of her.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked softly and a small smile crossed his lips.

'What are mates?' Haley spelled out quickly sliding the paper into his view.

"Mate is like a soulmate, someone your supposed to be with and spend the rest of your life with because their your other half." He spoke softly but knowledgeable.

Haley though for a second before she continued to write as more questions filled her brain.

'I'm your mate?'

"Yes."

'That's why I stay with you?'

"Yes."

Haley nodded understanding the answers to the questions she had asked. She leaned back into Xavier's chest getting comfortable in his radiating warmth. She closed her eyes and let her mind roam till she slipped off to sleep.

*

Haley woke up with a startle. A loud crash is what caused her to wake up. Another crash soon followed. Haley sat up on the bed now realizing that Xavier had took her to their room to sleep. Another crash came echoing through the house that scared Haley but it made her curious as Xavier was not in the room with her like usual. She looked to the time as she stood up seeing that it was twelve fifty seven.

Walking out of the room she followed the continuous sound of crashing. A loud growl ripped through the air as she walked up to the wood door that was pushed to. Cautiously she walked down the halls toward Xavier's office. Only heavy breathing sounded through the room so Haley decided it should be okay to walk in with no crashing sounds coming.

Pushing the door a little more she poked her head in to see a giant mess with papers everywhere and things knocked over. Her eyes then found Xavier who was facing away from her as his breathes come out hard and unsteady. His torso was bare and his fist were tightly balled at his sides.

Haley slowly started to approach the heavy breathing man, attentive to broken things on the floor. She rest her small hand on Xavier's bare tense back. He stiffened and flinched as she walked around him to stand face to face.

His eyes were pitch black with light hints of gold around as he cast his eyes down to the floor. Haley noticed and she knew that this wasn't the Xavier she grew to like and know. This was a man completely different and she wanted the one she started to have feeling for back.

Gradually Haley wrapped her arms around Xavier's waist under his arms. She laid her head in his chest trying to ignore the tingles and warmth shooting through her. Xavier's erratic heart beat started to slow down into a steady rhythm under Haley's ear.

Haley looked up to see that this eyes were closed as he took steady breathes in and out. She placed a light smooth kiss onto the spot where his heart was now rhythmically beating at a stable pace.

Xavier lifted his arms from hanging at the sides of his body to wrap around the frail body of Haley. He slowly picks her up as she clung to him laying her head down in the crook of his neck. She breathed in his strong scent as he walks out still carrying Haley. She was gently placed down onto the bed and rolls to her side. The opposite side of the bed dipped and a heavy arm wraps around her waist pulling her into the warm muscular chest of Xavier.

A slight smile grows on Haley's lips as she knew she had made some sort of progress with Xavier as he got the hint of her wanting him in bed. He also came to bed with her without either one saying anything.