9

Chapter 9

A part of why Haley held fear in her expression was because there were so many cars and she already saw people smiling and greeting each other.

"It's okay. Once we get inside you can pick where you'd like to sit and you can ignore everyone the rest of the night." Haley nodded to Tyson.

At the steps a few people had greeted them and Tyson kindly said hello. Once inside Haley was already on the search for a unoccupied table in a dark corner with no one around. And she found the perfect one. She tapped Tyson lightly and pointed over to the left side of the room away from everything.

They all walked to the table and Haley sat down.

"Are you sure you want to stay here by yourself?" Bethany asked with a sad face.

Haley nodded giving a reassuring look to all three of them.

"Okay. I'll be over there if you need me." Bethany pointed over by the bar and dance floor. She nodded understandingly.

Tyson was the last to leave as Bethany pulled Steven with her over to the bar to mingle and socialize with people.

"I'll be all around but I'll keep an eye on you. If you need something just wave my down." He spoke before kissing the top of her head and leaving.

About an hour had passed and Haley had positioned herself perfectly. She had a full view of the room and she could see the top of the stair case where everyone entered in.

Many more people had came and the right side of the huge ball room was filled while the left side had couples chatting at tables spread around the room.

Haley had only gotten a few odd looks as she was sitting in the corner alone. But that was to be expected at an event like this. No one has tried to come up to talk to her and she was thankful for that.

Every man and woman in here were beautiful. The women were slim and curvy while being tall and well put together. The men were like giants compared to Haley even in the heals and they had bulging muscles through the suits they wore. Less than more of the men had a well defined face but all were handsome just the same.

Peoples were buzzing around, eating, talking, laughing, some even getting drunk but most were just tipsy if anything.

Tyson had been going around meeting family's from his pack and the packs of his allies. He smelt the delectable scent of blueberries and what seemed to be a fresh poppyseed muffin. He followed that to find a tall blonde in a beautiful white dress. There eyes met and he whispered the word that the nameless girl longed to hear.

"Mate."

Tyson strides over to her quickly as she stood there frozen taking her mate in. He stood tall in front and then he swooped down pressing his lips to hers as he cup her cheek. Sparks shot through them as warmth and love ran through their bodies, hearts, and minds. They pulled apart breathlessly when they finally spoke.

"I'm Tyson. What your name my wonderful mate."

"I'm Natal- You're my new Alpha." She cut herself off short as shock ran threw her with the realization.

"No I'm just your mate my sweet Luna." He whispered softly kissing her lips.

"I'm Natalie." She spoke with a breathtaking smile.

*

Haley looked around finding Bethany and Steven dancing together. The way Steven looked at his wife with so much love and the way she looked back at him made Haley's heart clinch at the memories of her parents. Most the of the people that had a date actually reminded her of her parents.

They loved each other so much. Her father would always find a way to tell Haley's mother that he loved her more. With a frustrated and emotional huff Hayley was pulled out of her thoughts as the doors at the top of the grand staircase bursted open.

Everyone in the room froze. After a few seconds some whispers spread around the room. The man at the top of the stairs let out a low growl and everyone returned to what they were doing. Except Haley.

She stared at the man at the top of the stair case with his nose in the air as if he was trying to pick up a certain scent as if he was trying to find cookies in a home without knowing where the kitchen was. The man was in a dark gray suite with a black shirt underneath. The suit jacket was unbuttoned but was snug on his bulging arms and the pants were tight on his giant thighs. His black shoes matched his belt as well. He had flawless bronzed skin popping out of the three top buttons of his wrinkle free shirt. The thick stump like neck led up to sharp jaw bone and a square chin. He had a pointed nose, full heart shaped lips, beautiful brown eyes that shine in the light of the chandelier, and dark chocolate hair that shines with a healthy glow. She noticed he had a lot light stubble on his chin growing in as he continued to look around.

Pulled from her thoughts Bethany, Steven, and Tyson ran up to the table with a gorgeous blonde next to Tyson.

"Love, how are you?" Bethany asked with urgency and worry.

Haley nodded her head that she was okay and they all relaxed a little but were still kinda stiff.

"It's getting late. Maybe we should get home." Steven said as she just nodded and they picked everything up.

Walking to the door, Steven put his hand on the handle and they heard a  loud menacing growl. It startled Haley so she turned around to see the handsome man who barged into the room just recently storming their way, but everyone else froze.

"Okay let's go." Steven said as he was the first to recover from his shock.

He pulled Haley's arm out of the door quickly walking causing her to stayed at a light jog to keep up. They were in the car with the unfamiliar blonde. Haley looked over to the doorway seeing the man standing there.

Haley was confused about the whole thing but really about the girl in the car. So she tapped Tyson's arm and pointed at her.

"This is my girlfriend Natalie." She looked over and said hi with a smile after Tyson's reply. Looking up Haley nodded her head in approval.

They were soon home and everyone relaxed visibly. Haley went up to her room undressed and fell asleep quickly as just being in the same room as all those people made her tired.

~
AN: last day of class!!!! I'm pumped for California adventure tomorrow!!!

New chapter for my excitement!

Vote and comment my lovelies! 💕