Devil

Lydia was the perfect child. She got perfect grades, she was popular, and was the star soccer and volleyball player at school. She was nice to everyone, always respectful and she was religious. All the parents wished their child would be like Lydia. All the children envied her. Lydia was oblivious to all the attention she got.

Lydia had all the angels on her side.

No one would have expected what happened to Lydia.

All from one small mistake.

Lydia was sitting on her carpet. She was as close to the ground as possible, showing her submission to god. Her hands were clasped in prayer.

This was a completely normal scene, except it wasn't.

 As Lydia was whispering her prayers, small invisible helpers(To who? No one knows) were writing them down on a wind scroll. The helpers were about to take the scroll up to God, when they realized some of the prayers were slipping through holes in Lydia's hands.

The prayers were going directly to Hell. Looks like the devil was going to get some prayers today.

 That night the devil felt his power increase a bit. "Ah, someone finally sent me a prayer. I must reward who it is."

The change in Lydia was slow. It started by ignoring people but then grew into a night life of crime. Her parents thought it was just a phase and sweet Lydia would be back in a few months. But then Lydia's hair started to form horns. 

People thought they were crazy. Lydia was starting to look like the devil's female counterpart.

Lydia continued her prayer routines and made the devil strong enough to create a physical form. It was the day after Lydia first killed, that she met the devil. The previous night Lydia had been arrested.

Lydia thought she was hallucinating when she saw a handsome man with horns and a spiked tail appear out of thin air. She was already a slight bit shocked that she was in jail. All she remembered was telling herself that what she was doing was wrong. She felt like she had no control over her body.

"Hello my dear Lydia." His voice was so smooth and soft. It was hypnotizing. 

"Who are you? Why are you here?" Lydia demanded, though it came out as a shaky, fear-ridden question.

"My name is Xovziar.  You know me as The Devil. I have come to reward you for your faith in me."

"What! I don't believe in The Devil! I believe in God!" Lydia jumped out of her seat in indignation.

"Embrace your true self, my dear Lydia." His hypnotizing voice pushed Lydia to revert back to her night self. Lydia was having a battle of personalities. 

"I feel like there are two people living in me. Me and my evil twin sister," Lydia muttered.

"No, it's just you and your expectations. Most people follow their expectations. Your true self has edged into your true life," The Devil countered.

Lydia thought over his statement for a few seconds, losing her concentration on keeping her evil side out. Those few minutes were enough. The Devil pulled Lydia's dark side out. He made it her permanent character. He would wait till she had made a name for herself and he had power, then Lydia would join him in Hell. 

Once Xovziar left, Lydia followed through an escape plan they had made. She was going to be the baddest of the bad. She would earn her devil stripes. She already had her horns, all she needed was her tail, wings and demon form. 

Lydia was now label as a dangerous criminal. Where ever she went, a goddess followed cleaning up her mess. Lydia was a powerful criminal. She was like the devil himself. 

That's what they said. 

**********

Explanation: She has schizophrenia so she is both the devil and the goddess. The devil is a figment of her brain. Her conscience is so guilty for the crimes, that she tries to fix them but sometimes it's not possible.

Tell me you think in the comments.

~KC~