Chapter 26.1| The Happenings Of A Disowned Son

"Your no son of mine ! Begone from this house !" My father shouted as my mother tried to calm him down.

"Dear, please !" She pleaded, "please don't !"

"Or what ? He let himself get beaten by his own brother ! That is already a disgrace to begin with, for the future head to be beaten by his right hand man !" He shouted at my mother.

I snapped, immediately kicking reflex by protecting my mother from any harm my father might do to her. After calming down, my father turned to me.

"Leave"

My name is Lucas Kiefer. Fourteen years old. Student Council President of Seven Heights Academy. Secretly disowned and stripped from my birthrights as heir of the Aeneas House and my fiancé, Rein Aurelia.

The reason I am facing this predicament right now is because of my defeat against my brother. My parents were so sure that I would win, they even made me swear to hand over position if ever I lose.

What they didn't know was that we weren't fighting just for position. We were fighting for a girl without the said girl's knowledge. We were fighting for Rein.

Ever since our first visit to the Aurelia House, my brother had that lovesick face. The unfortunate thing was that I wasn't able to see how he fell for Rein since I was too busy trying to gain favor to let me use their library at that time. I was alright with his love though, even teasing him at times. But I didn't know my second meeting with Rein would cause me a change of heart.

It happened like this. I was summoned by my father to do my first task as heir of the Aeneas House. I would stay for one month with the Duchess of the Aurelian House to gain access to the limitless knowledge on medicine and history in their library. I, as an avid reader, fully agreed and off I went to stay with a Duchess and her daughter.

My first impression on her couldn't be any more worse. I stumbled upon her room when I was searching for the library, I almost broke one of their family heirlooms and even accidentally ripped a page from her books, something I regret ever since.

Since then, to keep myself from making any mistakes, I kept my curiosity in check and only had three destinations in the entire Summerhouse. The library, the garden and my guest room.

Who would have thought that in my second day, I would befriend the daughter who I thought would have hated me by now. Ever since, we would often talk about the most random of topics, which though I wouldn't state out loud, had me enjoy my stay.

I didn't realize by the time the month's duration was about to finish, I had myself fall in love with my brother's fiancé. And to top it all off, made a promise of marriage with her. It didn't take long for my brother to find out my feelings too. With a determined face, he asked a match for the hand of Rein, to which I wholeheartedly agreed to.

And yet, my love for my brother overruled my love for Rein. I couldn't bear to see his heartbroken face if I won, so I deliberately lost for his sake of happiness. But that didn't stop me from pursuing her. With my still intact position in the Council, I continued my life as the disowned son of the Aeneas House with a grand position. And with it, I wait for the time when I will once again meet the girl I haven't stop pursuing for years.