Chapter TwentyEight

"Don't gobblefunk around with words."
― Roald Dahl,The BFG

 There was a noise, it sounded far off to my sleep addled mind, and it was starting to bother me, pull me from my deep, comfortable sleep

There was a noise, it sounded far off to my sleep addled mind, and it was starting to bother me, pull me from my deep, comfortable sleep. I tried to nuzzle in closer to the source of my warmth and comfort.

There was soft laughter. And a hand, on my back rubbing up and down gently. There was light shinning through my closed eyes, making me scrunch my face up slightly and turn into my source of warmth where it was darker. I felt content and safe where I was and I didn't want to disrupt that.

"Come on little cub, its Christmas" There was another chuckle, the hand on my back sliding up to my shoulder and pushing me back slightly.

I groaned as I felt more and more of my drowsiness slipping away from me.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you?" He was trying to lure me up, I knew he was. And god damn it, it was working. Why would he have a surprise for me?

I peek an eye open to look up at him. He was smiling down at me, his hair pushed back and he looked a little tired.

"What time is it?" I asked, my voice barely audible and croaky. I tried clearing my throat a little as Seth smiled.

"It's half seven." I groaned again, turning my face back into what I now remembered was his chest. It was bare this morning, and I could feel the hard muscle under his tanned and inked skin.

"It's too early" I grumbled into him, although I realised it probably came out more muffled than anything.

"There's actually a reason for that." Seth began to sit up slightly, leaving me laying down beside him. I peek up again as concentration comes over him.

"I was planning on getting you up at 8, but we need to talk." The seriousness in his tone and on his face had me worried. I shifted myself so I was leaning up on my elbow, using one hand to rub the sleep from my eyes. I felt more tired than I had last night before I....

Wait, I didn't remember going to sleep. I remembered coming to bed, I had something to do? I glance around the room, my eyes stopping at the bedside table beside me, my eyes widening. I hadn't set up anything to tell Seth. The last I remember, I was sitting up looking at one of my scans.

"I came in last night, and you were sound asleep. You were clutching onto something."

Oh god, he knew. I wanted to leave a note explaining, I didn't want to have to explain in person.

"How long have you known?" His voice was just above a whisper. I looked back up at him wide eyed. I wasn't prepared for this, I hadn't thought about what I should tell him.

"I-I, Seth, I mean, I don't..."

"Deep breath, you can take your time, but, I need to know. This is something I need to know to help look after you, make sure that you're healing better."