Back To The Future

"Okay, your mission supplies are packed, the schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport's on the way." Mr. Davenport started snapping his fingers. "Did I forget anything?"

"No. We'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Bree said causing me to giggle.

Everyone was in the lab preparing for the mission that Davenport mentioned. The only problem was that he never actually said what it was. He literally said there was an urgent mission but that's it. Now I could be upstairs getting a little more sleep before school, but I thought it would be rude if I didn't see Adam, Bree, and Chase head out.

Leo was on Davenport's computer while I was sitting by the cyber desk.

"Alright, a particle collider is a three mile long underground facility where scientists-" Davenport was cut off by Chase.

"Race subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments." Chase finished. "So cool!" He grinned.

"I know!" Davenport replied. I guess they were having a nerd moment because they then did this weird handshake and let's just say I wish I could remove that from my memory.

"There is a particle collider in Berkley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down." Davenport explained. That sounds dangerous.

"Awesome! I hope one of us knows how to do that." Adam said. He's such a lug nut. But he wouldn't be Adam if he didn't have his moments.

"Okay, we have to act quickly. The scientists that operate the facility-" Davenport started explaining but paused as he moved Leo over. "Have already evacuated the control center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet." He finished.

"Today? No, that's not gonna work! Today's Shelly Evan's birthday and her mom makes the best cupcakes!" Leo said. I rolled my eyes and everyone else gave him a pointed look.

"I'm just sayin', that woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles."

"You're ridiculous. I hope you know that?" I asked Leo. He ignored my comment.

"Don't worry Leo, you will get your cupcakes. Adam, Bree, and Chase have all the training they need to shut the collider down." Davenport assured Leo.

"I don't know, Big D. I think these guys are gonna need some....Backup!" Leo exclaimed while doing a hero pose.

"Yeah, and that's why you're gonna be Back up here in the lab with me and Alex." Davenport said.

Adam started laughing. "He said backup and you said backup! Saying it twice makes it funny! Oh! Saying it twice makes it-"

"STOP IT!" Davenport yelled, cutting off Adam.

All of a sudden there was a gust of wind followed by a blue light entering the lab. We heard a boy scream and my heart was racing. The blue light disappeared, revealing a man who looked like he was in his early twenties. He was sitting on this weird machine while wearing goggles.

AAAAHHHHH!" We all screamed except for the man. Adam jumped into Chase's arms and Leo jumped into mine. I, being the best friend that I am, kept Leo in my arms instead of dropping him on the floor which I was so tempted to do.

"Nobody panic! It's probably just the cable guy!" Davenport said.

"No it's not!" I yelled.

"Come on, Big D. I just came back from seven years in the future. Your time machine actually worked." The man told Davenport. He gave the man a confused look.