Chapter Twenty Three.

When Delia woke up Vincent was already awake, her head on his chest and his arms around her body. She felt uncomfortable, this shouldn't have happened between a head doctor and the janitor and now she had to work with him.

"You're over thinking," He said gently.

"I should get back to work."

"It's Sunday, you're off today. Remember?"

She sat up in the bed, gripping the sheet to her body and glancing at her watch it was already ten in the morning, she'd been asleep for hours.

"It's Sunday?"

"Yeah."

"Shit," She reached across him for her pants and panties.

"What's wrong?"

"I have dinner, I have to go."

She climbed over him and pulled on her panties and pants. Reaching for her shirt and bra she pulled those on too. She glanced back at him, he was pulling his shirt over his head. She didn't know what to say to him, she wasn't used to waking up next to someone. Most of her one-night stands left or she asked them to go, she didn't have someone that held her all night.

She walked to the door, pulling it open she paused. He hadn't said anything since she told him she was leaving. She stood there a second then turned around.

"Are you busy today?"

"No."

"Do you want to come to my parents for dinner?"

He stood, pulling on his jeans and doing his belt. He seemed doubtful like he wasn't sure what to say and she thought he was going to say no. Why did she even offer? She never took guys to meet her parents, hadn't taken any since her fiance'.

"I'm sorry I don't know why I offered."

"No, I'd like that very much," He said.

His accent was worse when he was nervous, French she thought but wasn't sure. Sometimes it wasn't noticeable and other times like now it was almost hard to make out his words.

"Okay, let's go."

They drove to her parents house in his car, an old beat up mustang. Her chest felt like it would explode, she was nervous about letting him meet her family. Maggie's car was parked off to the side but there was no sign of Artemis and the kids.

He followed her up onto the porch and if he was as nervous as she was he didn't let on or show it. They walked in the front door and into the entryway, Maggie was sitting on the stairs.

"Maggie....what happened?"

"Artemis called, she's not coming. Jake wants to take her and the kids out today."

"Oh...Maggie.."

"Mom's a little hurt."

"Yeah...I'm sure she is," Delia said.

Maggie stood, glancing behind Delia at Vincent who was awkwardly standing near the door.

"Hi, nice to see you again," Maggie said.

"Nice, to see you too."

"Maggie, this is Vincent my uh.....uhm......my....from work," Delia said.

She didn't miss Vincents smirk at the way she stumbled over her words and Maggies pointed look.

"Come on, let's go introduce you to mom and Dad," Delia said, leading him down the hall towards the kitchen.