Chapter Eighteen.

If the photo works it's of Maggie.

Maggie was slouched sitting in her shower, the water pouring down and mostly only hitting her feet. She hugged her knees to her chest, head bowed as she cried, her mind going back to what had happened earlier that night.

Liam had came over like always, they had dinner and he teased her. The kissed and just when thing were getting heavy she dropped the bombshell.

"Liam, we have to break up."

"What? Why?" He was confused and she didn't blame him.

"I......it's just not working," She said lamely.

They were sitting on her couch, one of her legs pulled up so she could face him. Her hands slipped from his shoulders to her lap.

"It's because of Jake, isn't it?" He asked.

"Is it that obvious?"

"No but....after he dropped the kids off yesterday...you were different."

"I'm sorry Liam, I thought I could do this but......I just can't. You're a great guy."

"He married your sister Maggie, he gave a shit about you he didn't show it very well."

"That's not fair," She said.

"Did....did you sleep with him?"

She looked away, she wasn't going to deny it now but she also didn't want to say it out loud. He stood from the couch he seemed more angry than hurt and she did feel guilty.

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever Maggie."

He left her alone sitting on the couch. She sat there for a few minutes before she stood, moving into her bathroom she turned on the shower and stripped down climbing inside.

She knew that she did the right thing, dating Liam wasn't fair to him when she was messing around with Jake but it still hurt a little. She liked what she had with Liam, it was nice. He came over a few nights a week, they'd eat dinner together and she enjoyed his company. They'd watch a movie where they would then start to make out and every time things started to progress beyond making out he'd stop for just a minute and that's where it went downhill.

He would stop and he would ask her if she was sure, every time. While she appreciated his wanting her consent it was a little annoying and if he needed to ask it was kind of pointless. She would agree each time hoping things would go better, they'd go to their bedroom where they would proceed to have mediocre sex at best, she'd throw in some fake moans and a gasp or two but mostly was just waiting for it to be over.

After he would stay and hold her, sometimes he slept over but it just wasn't what she was looking for. Sex with Jake was off the charts, it was passionate and consuming, he never asked her if she wanted to continue what they were doing because he didn't have too.

She slid down the wall of her shower, Jake hadn't tried to call or text her and she didn't blame him. Liam was pissed and she couldn't blame him either. She never should have agreed to go out with Liam and she should have just stayed away from Jake all together. After he divorced Artemis she should have stayed the hell away from him.

She finally found the strength to pull herself from the shower and dragged herself to her bed, collapsing naked against her sheets she stared at the ceiling. Jake must think she was the worst person alive right now and poor Liam probably thought she was a whore. Maybe she was, dating one guy and sleeping with him while also loving and sleeping with another. She grabbed her phone dialing the number she knew by heart.