Calm

Cyril side as he was shoved into the bedroom of Demetri. "Any specific reason why I can't see her?"

Demetri rolled his eyes and closed the doors. "I've told you, if Sybil's see you the memories could flood in too fast and she'll-"

"Break? She's not made of glass, dumb ass. And I thought you said she remembered me." He accused.

The guard pointedly ignored the fact that nomad had insulted him, one of the Volturi's highest ranking guards, and answered. "She remembered you fed her, once! She remembered your red hair and- and that woman who toyed with her. Your mate I assume?" He hissed

Cyril growled at the statement. "Sophia is not my mate." He seethed, leaning over the guard.

Demetri looked unimpressed. "I doesn't matter. You didn't stop her." He said plainly, the undertones of anger and second-hand betrayal shining through.

Cyril sighed in anger and crossed his arms defensively. "I was biding my time! Sophia was upset, not stupid, she would have noticed if we just up'ed and left from the get go. I had to wait!" Demetri didn't know why he was so pleased when Cyril admitted the woman wasn't his mate, he chalked it up to him being happy that the nomad was more loyal to Sybil than his coven member.

The Volturi guard rolled his eyes again and made his way to the desk in the back corner of his room.

The scent of the tracker suffocated Cyril. Though pleasant, he found it was extremely distracting from his justified anger. Demetri was internally dizzy from the ashy and bourbon scent of the nomad. The way he towered over him was... oddly intriguing. The mesh of their scents was strangely satisfying to the guard.

Shaking his head in an effort to regain full rule of his senses, Demetri returned to his informal interrogation. "Earlier, while we were returning to the castle, you did something to me." He accused.

Cyril scoffed. "I have that effect in people."

"Don't be that way with me!"

The nomad huffed and jerked his head to the side to move his bangs from his face. "There are those outside the Volturi with gifts as well, you know."

Demetri glared at Cyril with distrust. "You used a gift on me?"

The nomad leaned against the doorway. "I have compulsion. I make people do what I want just by talking. Very helpful. Very useful."

Demetri looked at him aghast. "You used a gift on me!" He said horrified. How Demetri let his guard down like that? How could he let this- this male harlot sway him with his words. That's why Demetri must be so enthralled by the ginger, just because Cyril used his gift, no other reason.

"Duh." Cyril replied nonchalantly.

Demetri threw his arms up in defeat. "Forget it."

---

Jane glared at her brother pointedly as she talked to Sybil. The male twin sat next to the other girl, across the table in the library, and squirmed uncomfortably under his sisters gaze.

The violet eyes girl paid no mind to the blonde's hostility and chatted away about how Lady Macbeth had have some form of mental illness if the first thing that came to mind was murder as how to get rid of the King, and then actually followed through with it.

"Didn't she become insane by the end of the play? 'Out damn spot' and all that." Said Jane, her Crimson gaze never leaving the form of her 'dear' brother.

"Yeah, but people argue that she became insane because of the murders, not that she was crazy before. Which is ridiculous because-"

Demetri's slamming if the doors cut her off. Alec and Jane were suddenly in front of Sybil, both snarling a bit and glaring at the intruder. The tracker seemed unaffected by the twins anger.