Questioned

Jane was assigned to take Sybil to a guest room, because apparently there was a lot more to the castle than just the throne, and Aro saw how easily Sybil gets lost in large buildings. The blonde guard seemed insulted and reluctant to do such a menial task. Rather than accidentally upset the grim girl more, Sybil opted to follow her silently to the room, which was up a few floors and down several twisting hallways. The elevator ride was tense and uncomfortable, putting Sybil on edge for the rest of the short journey. The nomad vampire would do just about anything to disappear and not come back until after the trial. The absence of Alec seemed to bother both of the girls, but for wholly different reasons. Jane was used to Alec's constant presence, one was rarely seen without the other, and Alec supported Jane no matter the task. Sybil felt like Alec had to be watched. Beautiful or not, his shifty eyes and I-know-something-you-don't smile made Sybil distrustful of him, and it wasn't an excuse to stare at his unreasonable handsome face.

'God what is wrong with me.' Sybil chastised herself. 'He's not the first attractive boy you've ever seen. And he's probably disgusted with you. Let it go.'

Finally stopping in front of a large double door, Jane turned to Sybil with a calm, though albeit slightly annoyed, expression. "You will bathe and wear the clothing that is given to you. You can sleep on the bed until I come and get you later. I will bring you blood after your bath." She then took a step closer to Sybil in a threatening manner. "If you cause any disturbance, I will not hesitate to torture you until your throat is raw from screaming. Understand?"

Sybil's eyes widened in fear and nodded while she pressed her lips together to avoid saying anything that might piss Jane.

The female guard seemed pleased by the terror instilled upon the guest. "Very good." As the duo entered the room, Sybil nearly gasped at the size of it. This was much bigger than any closet she had sneaked into to sleep for a few hours. The floor was a deep wine red, a large wardrobe was off to the sidewall next to a roll top desk. The walls were painted a rich ream color and with thick black vertical stripes, the miniature chandelier giving light to the room. Against the far wall, in the center was the bed, the foot facing the door. It was covered in thick silk comforters, lush and fluffy and Sybil was tempted to rub her face into them. Opposite of the wardrobe was another door, which Sybil guessed was the bathroom. All thoughts of pre-planned bath and Alec were forgotten as the urge to sleep on the luxurious bed seemed to sing a siren's song to Sybil.

She must've been staring, because Jane snapped, "Close your jaw, you'll catch flies." Moving to the other door, Jane opened it to show the bathroom, ceiling to floor white tile, claw foot tub, and porcelain sink. This room was so bright it hurt Sybil's eyes to look at it too long.

"I'm going to assume you have no knowledge of personal hygiene, so I will run your bath. Just get undressed and," Jane scrunched her nose in disgust, "don't touch anything." then the guard disappeared behind the door, the sound of rushing water taking her place.

Sybil undressed slowly and took this time to observe the room more. Though the bed seemed inviting, after months (weeks? years?) of sleeping in small spaces, the habit of looking for an alcove certainly wouldn't die here just because there was a bed present. There were no windows, or vents for that matter. The wardrobe could be a nice place to curl up in if the back didn't come out too far. The walls were extremely thick, and suffocated any sound the occupants of the room made. Probably to make the room sound proof for the privacy of the room's resident. The chandelier casted a soft yellow glow to the room, making Sybil awfully tired.

But the sudden sound of the water closet's door swinging open woke her up immediately. "Good. Finally someone who listens to instructions." Jane said. Sybil pitied the poor soul who thought it wise to disobey the small but frightening guard. Jane turned to the WC door again, indicating Sybil should follow. The tub was now filled with fragrant, steaming water, and the tray was covered in soaps, bottles, brushes, and clothes. "I will be gone for roughly an hour, and you better still be bathing when I get back. I want you so clean that Demetri will think you're a different person by your sent. I'm going to take care of your clothes."