35

What are you doing here?" I whispered so softly, I didn't know how he heard me. "Go away." I sniffled, wiping my eyes, but the tears still came. Suddenly, fists banged on the door, making jump up, straight into Josh's arms.

"Open this door!" He growled as I buried my face in Josh's chest. "I swear, if you do not open this door right now…" he trailed off and the banging stopped, but Josh still growled under his breath.

His arms tightened around me. "Danny, does he treat you bad?" he snarled into my hair.

"Sshh! Keep your voice down!" I snapped. "I'll get killed if he knows you're here! Why are you here anyways?" I said, wanting to push myself away from him, but I couldn't help but melt into him.

"I didn't get to say goodbye properly." He replied, taking my chin in his fingers and lifting my head up to meet his eyes.

I shivered. "Then don't." I said, holding him closer as I shuddered.

He raised an eyebrow, but smirked. "What?" he asked, his eyes glinting.

I hugged him tightly, squeezing my eyes shut so the tears would stop. "C-can you st-stay here tonight?" I asked lowly.

I gasped as he leaned down to pick me up bridal style. "Of course." he said, frowning.

I gripped the fabric on his shoulders. "What are you doing?" I whispered as my heart spiked as he walked towards the bed.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You seem like you've had a long day." He replied, lying me down on the comforter. I nodded meekly. He gave me a small smile. "Well, why don't you get some sleep and I'll be right back, okay?" he said, leaning down to place his lips on my forehead.

I grabbed his collar. "You better not go talk to my father, you got it? Do not let him see you." My breath hitched as I gazed up at him.

His eyes widened. "Alright. I promise. Get some rest. I'll be back soon."

I frowned. "Al-alright." I mumbled, sliding under the covers as the lights flickered off. I closed my eyes, willing for sleep to take over, but I couldn't get my mind off the beating my father had given me earlier that day. I jumped as someone slide beneath the covers next to me, but soon calmed as he wrapped his arm around my waist, sending tingles through my body. I relaxed into him, sighing through my nose and falling asleep.

Big brown eyes stared up at me, tears leaking down the baby's face. I cradled it further into my arms, shielding the baby boy from my father's harsh gaze. His fists clenched, his eyes darkening as his face reddened. "Give me the damn baby!" he screamed, taking a step towards me.

I stepped back, shaking my head and holding the crying baby closer to me. "You shut that fucking thing up or you give it to me." Wrinkles covered his face and bags formed under his eyes. Again, I shook my head, pleading with him through my eyes. His hand lashed out, catching my cheek. I stumbled back, feeling something being pulled from my arms.

"NO!" I screamed, pushing him away as I turned with the boy still wrapped in my arms.

He cursed and suddenly I was falling, the boy flying through the air, screams echoing in my ears.

And then it all stopped.

The dream changed.

The tears were now rolling down my face as I curled up in a ball, wrapping my arms around my large stomach. Sharp pains erupted all around my body, his voice yelling at me, knocking around my head until my vision blurred. "You stupid whore! You fucking bitch! Leave it to a fucking whore to get herself pregnant!"