41.

"This facility is crude," Majka walked around the room with a large hole in the ground, "but it should be adequate to freeze Skywalker for his journey to the Emperor."

"Lady Majka, ship approaching. X-Wing class." An imperial trooper enters the room.

"Good. Monitor Skywalker and allow him to land." Majka demanded, going back to her husband in the elevator.

"Lady Majka, we only use this chamber for carbon freezing. If you put him in there, it might kill him." Lando objected. Majka laughed, looking at Anakin. She carbon freezed herself to rescue Anakin out of the Citadel all those years ago. He wouldn't die from carbon freezing, but Lando seems to think Majka wasn't smart enough to know this.

"He's right, you don't have to freeze him." Anakin interjected.

"I do." Majka said, "I don't want him to be damaged when I bring him to the Emperor. But if you seem to think it will, then we'll have to test it... on Captain Solo."

"Wait." Anakin grabbed (Y/N)'s arm. Lando looked on in strange admiration of Anakin's boldness, "Han hasn't done anything wrong. You don't have to-"

"Captain Solo has a bounty on his head, he is no angel. I've already made the deal with the bounty hunter." Majka denied his request, then whispering to him without her amplifier, "I am only performing the normal behaviors I would do. I can't raise suspicion. It isn't time yet. I'm sorry." Anakin watched on as she pushed past him to order troopers to retrieve the prisoners.

~

"It isn't too late." Anakin whispered to Majka, the orange glow illuminating their features as the prisoners were filed in.

Leia looked at her father desperately. Hoping he has the leverage they needed, Anakin returned a reserved look. Anakin stood next to Majka, cuffed once more.

"What's goin' on... buddy?" Han spat into Lando's ear as they were being positioned just right.

"You're being put into carbon freeze." Lando responded.

"What if he doesn't survive?" Boba Fett emerges from behind some troopers to approach Majka. "He's worth a lot to me."

"I understand. The Empire will compensate you if he dies." Majka told him quickly, trying not to change her mind, "Put him in!"

As if it was his cue, Chewie began to break through the group, throwing troopers over the edge and throwing punches. 3PO cried in horror of all the action. Boba goes to shoot him down but Majka puts his gun down. (Y/N) has seen this kind of reaction before, the anger from fear that Majka rejects. Anakin made a move to join Leia and Han in calming Chewie down. Two stormtroopers went to retrieve him but (Y/N) stopped them, too, knowing it would do no good.

"Hey! Hey! Listen to me." Han told Chewie, but he just kept growling.

"Chewie, Chewie! This won't help Han." Anakin attempted to help his friend.

"Save your strength, there'll be another time." Han continues, and stops Chewie. Han looked at Leia, "The princess, you have to take care of her." He passed on Chewie's life debt. Leia looked between the two, her heart breaking.

Chewie nodded in confirmation, accepting the cuffs on his wrists. Han looks at Leia and as if they both knew it was their only chance they rushed into a desperate kiss. Anakin and Majka watched on. (Y/N) sadly hung her head, she hated this. She motioned for a stormtrooper to remove Captain Solo from her daughters mouth.

Han was pushed back onto his mark to be freezed, never losing the sight of Leia's eyes. That would be the last thing he'd want to see.

"I love you!" Leia spoke up, trying to stress the importance.

"I know." Han smirked, even in his last moments would he stay the same man he always was. Besides, he's just been trying to get her to admit it for months. Han began his descent, trying to ignore his fear. Leia held onto Anakin's chest.

"Why is she doing this?" Leia asked Anakin while still staring at Han.

"She has no choice." Anakin tried to comfort his baby girl through cuffs. Everyone was silent, watching on as the cold fog filled the chamber in which Han was held.

Leia squeezed and held her breath in worry. (Y/N) did the same, knowing how much affection Leia held, she didn't want to kill him. She knew he would be safe. Anakin knew it was safe, but it wasn't the dying that bothered Leia. It was the separation. Either he'll die in the freezing, or die at the hands of Jabba. (Y/N) wanted to keep everyone safe, but just didn't know how to do both.

A large crane crept down from the ceiling, grabbing hold of the cold slab of carbon that held Han. Ugonaughts quickly surveyed to make sure the carbon was frozen. Then pushed the slab over, Leia saw Han's frozen face, his face frozen in fear. It killed her, Anakin and Chewie had to hold her upright. Lando volunteered himself to find out Han's vitals.

"Oh.. they've encased him in carbonate. He should be quite well protected, if he survived the freezing process." 3PO commented, noting his knowledge on the subject.

"Well, Calrissian? Did he survive?" Majka urged the reveal out of Lando. Both to comfort Leia, and double check her knowledge.

"Yes, he's alive." Lando revealed, "And in perfect hibernation."

Leia let out a small sigh of relief, regaining her strength. Not ready to give up on him.

"He's all yours, bounty hunter." Majka told Boba Fett. Then returned to the more important task, "Reset the chamber for young Skywalker."

Everyone silently moved to their duties. A man in uniform entered the room, walking up to Majka.

"Skywalker has just landed, my Lady." He announced.

"Good. See to it that he finds his way in here." Majka told the plan she had devised. Lando walked over to retrieve Leia and the wookiee. "Calrissian," Majka interrupted, "take the princess, the wookiee, and Master Skywalker to my ship."

"I thought Leia and Chewbacca were being left in the city under my supervision?" Lando objected the deal.

"I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further." Majka said, Anakin began to speak up but Leia held him back. There would be a better time.

Anakin calmed then, at least he would be with his daughter. Leia was able to grab one more long look at Han, fighting back her tears. Lando looked at his right hand man, exchanging a look of desperation. Lando couldn't stand this deal anymore.

~

Luke got a bad feeling, nobody was there to greet him as he landed. And nobody in the hallways as he walked through. A cold, pulsing, feeling came over him. He decided it best to keep walking toward it.

He ducked behind a hall, sensing an approaching group. Quickly he unhooked his blaster, holding it up in preparation. He checked over the side to see what was there, he saw the notorious Boba Fett and a slab of what looked like concrete. But the feeling of something much different was there. He sensed Han, but didn't see him. When they passed, Luke saw two stormtroopers follow the rear. Luke decided to follow them, trying to figure out why his senses turned to Han.

R2 beeped to ask what was happening. Luke tried to shush and push him back. But it was too late. Luke looked back to see Fett fire his weapon. Luke's reflexes were keen enough to avoid it and he fired back in panic. Then Boba ran off. Luke couldn't let that go, he must've been getting close if he was being shot at. He decided to follow again, maybe he would be brought to his friends, if he wasn't too late.