⚜️CHAPTER-33⚜️Secret revealed part 2⚜️

Verbal abuse affect us mentaly. It scar deep in our soul.

"Yes. You're right, Alexandria. It was him. He dresses as an old man just to disguise himself. He doesn't want your mother to find out about his real identity. Not only that, but he enrolled our daughter at the same level as you, so he would have an extra eye, watching over you. I was so angry at him, but didn't make a move to stop what he was doing. I'm scared that he might leave us and I will be left alone to take care of our daughter. Nicole has a hard time growing up, and usually, She's being compared to you. And for every achievement that you receive, she must endure a beating from her dad. He wanted our daughter to have the same level as I. Q like you. If she fails, she will be abused by her dad." Mrs. Marybeth stopped and sob from devastation. Guilt and regrets were written all over her face. You can see how deep the emotional pain that she carries inside of her. My mom embraced her, giving her comfort that I knew she needed right now. Though Nicole tried to kill me, I felt sorry for what she's been through in her childhood life. I mean, no one should experience that kind of cruelty at a young age. This Mr. Nicolas is insane! Why would you compare your daughter to anybody else? For god's sake, you should be proud of your flesh and blood! I felt my blood cooking from the frustration I'm feeling right now.
" I was a bad mother, Margaret. I didn't fight for her right. I didn't leave him, even if I knew there was something wrong with the way he thinks. Furthermore, I didn't protect her from her abusive father, it's me that should be blamed for what she has done. I ruined my daughter, Margaret. It's me that should have died, not her. I'm so sorry, Please forgive me, my precious child." She cried out loud like she was reaching for her daughter, wherever she is right now. Her heart was so broken, sobbing so painfully, tugging her chest like it could help lessen the pain that she was feeling at the moment.
I felt Harris hand me a handkerchief, it was only then that I realized I was crying and tears were freely streaming down my cheeks. I accepted his offer and dried my tears. Not only that, but I feel a little guilty, maybe if I didn't follow the flow of emotion I'm feeling at that time. Perhaps if I didn't walk back and provoked her, all of this is not happening. Clyde won't be comatose right now, and possibly Nicole is still alive.
I heard my mom's comfort words to her friend. Telling her that she shouldn't blame herself. She was just weak and scared to speak her meaning, but it didn't help her calm down.
" She was longing for her dads love and until his last breath he never even once apologized to her daughter for all the wrong things he had done to her. He's still blaming me for luring him away from you, Margaret. He blamed Nicole for being born in this world, telling right in her face that if she wasn't there, he might probably go back to you and make a new life together." Marybeth's continued breakdown made my mom so uneasy.
" Marybeth, Please calm down. Maybe something wrong might happen to you too. I'm so sorry for hearing all of this. It shocks me to think that Nicolas is this bad. I'd been his girlfriend for four years and I never noticed this kind of attitude from him. I thought he was a good person inside and out. Though I knew he was a very possessive person, I never thought that he would go this far. He did not just ruin your life but your daughter too. I'm so sorry for what happened to your Daughter, Marybeth. I wish things didn't go in that direction, but she's not with us anymore. Let's just pray that she may rest in peace wherever she is right now. Please don't lose hope. I'm still here for you, no matter what, you can always count on me just like the old days, my friend." My mom solemnly said, which brought a bitter-sweet smile to Mrs. Marybeth's face. They both hug each other.
" I don't know if I deserved this kind of kindness from you, Margaret, After all that my family has done to your family."
" Ohh please Marybeth stop that. I never change and for me, you're still one of my good friends. What happens in the past is in the past now. I forgive you, Everyone can make a mistake, no one is perfect, so please forgive yourself Marybeth. That's the only way you can endure this hardship and besides don't forget about your granddaughter. She's the only flesh and blood that you have. She might probably need you now. Especially, her mom is not there anymore to provide the love she needed as a child. You can fill the gap that you didn't have the chance to do with your daughter and direct it to your grandchild." my mom's encouraging words made Mrs. Marybeth realize one thing that she's missing.
" You're right, Margaret! I almost forgot about her, I was so lost in my deep sorry. Ohh, poor child, she must be looking for us by now."
" Finally, mom, Shall we go now? Hanna might be missing her mamita already." Harris offered his hand to his mother-in-law, and Mrs. Marybeth gladly accepted it. Her aura was a bit lighter than the first time we saw her.
" Again, our deepest apologies for what happened a few days ago. Thank you for giving us a chance to explain our side. We must leave Alexandria, Mrs. Morgan." Harris politely said.
" Thank you for trying to reach out to us. I appreciate the effort, though I can't say just because of what I heard, you will have my forgiveness for what Nicole did to me and to my husband. But at least I am enlightened for why Nicole did all of this. Though I wish it didn't end that way. I wish you both safe travel back to your house, and please take good care of your daughter Harris, She's the only thing you got. Provide her the love she needs. I may not have had a chance to see her before, but I knew she's such a lovely girl." I hugged them both and bid them goodbye.
" Don't forget you still have me, my friend. If ever you feel lonely, you can always visit me at home or call me, so we can have a little chit-chat on the phone." My mom handed her a calling card and hugged her tight. We bid them a last goodbye as they exited the door. When we were finally left alone, I saw my mom being sad and quiet, so I hugged her from behind.
"I am so proud of your mom. You did amazingly good. I love you, mom. Thank you for everything." I heard her laugh, but it didn't reach her heart. She patted the arms I wrap around her body, telling me.
" I made a big mistake with you, my child. Please know that I regretted it for all my life and until now, I still feel bad about it. I only wanted what's best for you, but now I also realized that a parent should let their child choose what they like. I shouldn't put so much pressure on you, to make you a perfect child according to many people. I am truly sorry, my dear child." My mom spoke out.
" I've forgiven you a long time ago, mom. Let's forget about the past and face the future positively, there are so many things in this world to be happy with, so we shouldn't let this past ruin it for us."
" You're right, Alexandria, we should leave the past behind." My mom finally agreed. I unwrapped my arms around her and told her I should check if Claire was ok. I knew that it's hard as well for Claire to see her twin brother laying in the bed motionless, though she remained calm about it these past few days, but today was different.