Rebirth

"You killed her?" A henchman asks loudly. "No, I did not kill her. She simply followed an order." The joker growls slamming his first onto the table. "But you let her die." The man says simply. "I simply did not step in." The joker says through clenched teeth. "So...you let her die." The henchman says again. "I did not le-" the jokers cut off by the door opening. "What's all the shoutin about?" A familiar voice says. The joker stands up spinning on his heels. "Harleen?!" He screams. Harleen stood in the doorway, her skin now porcelain white, to match his, her hair now almost the same shade, her clothes a bleached. "Hmm?" She mumbles looking at him. The joker and his henchman stare at her with shocked expressions. Harleen looks behind her. "Y'all seen a ghost or somethin?" She asks confused. "Have we?" The joker asks curiously, stepping over to her. "Harleen how are you..how did you?" He stutters. "I told you I'd do anything for you puddin." She smiles. The joker takes note of her personality change, the chemicals clearly having had an effect on her mental state. The sudden sound of a ringing phone on the table startles them. "It's yours." The henchmen says to Harleen. She shrugs and goes to answer. "No!" The joker shouts. "Calm down mister J." She rolls her eyes and answers the phone. "Hello?" She says sweetly. "Harleen! Oh thank god you're alright! Where are you?!" A voice on the other line screams. The joker watches her, his eyes burning into hers. "No, I'm sorry. Harleen Quinzel is dead." She says simply, before hanging up the phone, dropping it into a glass of water that's sitting on the table. "Go drop that off in the woods on the other side of the city, incase it's still traceable." She says to a henchman. He looks at her blankly. "What ya want a damn invitation?" She says harshly. A crooked smirk creeps onto the jokers face. "You do as she says." The joker barks. The henchman grabs the phone before exiting the room. The joker grabs her hand. "Harleen I-" she quickly cuts him off. "Didn't ya hear me mister j? Harleen Quinzel is dead." She says seriously. "Oh?" He questions. "The names Harley... Harley Quinn." She says with a smirk, almost as erie as his.
*********
Like flash of lightning, people stopped asking questions about Harleen Quinzel. The joker had paid a few visits to the local news stations, and eventually, the story died down. It was as if the psychiatrist hadn't existed. The joker took back Gotham city, with Harley by his side. They had every business owner on their side, apart from the occasional run in with Batman, things had never been better. The joker had developed feelings for Harleen Quinzel, but when Harley Quinn appeared, he knew he had found the one for him. She was crazier than he was, and had devoted her life to him.

"Harley!" The jokers voice echoed through the halls of the mansion. Harley swung her baseball bat, accidentally putting a hole in the wall. "Uh oh." She mumbles. "HARLEY!" The voice gets louder. Harley throws the bat onto the bed and puts her back to the wall, to hide the hole. "In here puddin!" She says sweetly. The door flies open and the joker stares at her, an infuriated look on his face. "Harley dear.." He takes a breath. "Please tell me why a man JUST DROPPED OFF TWO HYAENAS!" He screams. Harley looks at the ceiling. "Well ya see puddin I was thinking, I was just thinkin maybe they'd be fun ya know? Like when we catch batsy we can chop him up and feed him to them ya know?" She says sweetly. The jokers face softens and he sighs, running his hand through his hair. "They're going back Harley." He says grumpily. Harley looks at him and smiles nervously. "Can I pet them first?" She asks. "I'd prefer you to keep both hands." He says seriously. "Come here darling why are you so far away?" He questions. She steps away from the wall, her eyes widen and she leans against it again. "Harley?" The joker murmurs, his eyebrow raised. "Yes?" She smiles. "What have you done?" He questions her, moving to where she was. "I have done a lot of things mister J you'll have to be more specific." She says calmly. "Why are you not moving?" He says with an annoyed tone. "Because I've broken both of my legs and-" the joker stares at her. "You're not telling me a lie now are you Harley? Because you've seen what I do to liar, yes?" He says seriously. She sighs in defeat and points to her bat. "I was just practicing." She says stepping away from the wall to expose the hole. The joker groans and examines it. "Darling if you wanted to do some renovating you just had to ask." He jokes. "Let's save that swing for people who deserve it huh?" He says taking her chin lightly between his thumb and index finger. "Got it puddin." She says smiling up at him. The joker pressed his lips to hers, wrapping his other arm around her waist. "Right then, go get changed into something nice. We've got business to do in the city tonight." He says with a smirk. "Should I bring my bat?" She says with wide eyes. "Not tonight baby, you just make yourself look real good, got it?" He removes his hand from her face and turns towards the door. "And Harley?" He chimes. She turns to him. "Mhm?" He smirks. "If you ever order a live animal without asking again, I'll feed ace to it." He says before exiting the room. The cat lifts its head and let's out a small meow. "Oh don't worry little buddy, he's just being a grump." She says with a laugh before entering her closet.
**********
The club was unusually filled for a Thursday night. The people moved out of the way of the joker and Harley as they made their way to their usual spot on the balcony, overlooking the lower level. The joker sits and motions for Harley to do the same. "This guy deserves whatever's coming to him." The joker spits. Harley knew the man had ripped him off, and stole more than a few thousand dollars from a deal they had made together. "So what's the plan puddin." Harley says, crossing her legs. "Mmm my little devil, you just go down there and make daddy real proud." He smirks. Harley smirked back at him, standing and kissing him hard on the lips before descending down the stairs to the lower level of the club.
********
"Hey J." A voice says. The joker kept his eyes on Harley, as she danced with a man on the small stage in the center of the large room. "Take a seat." His henchman says. The man follows his direction. "I've heard you made a pretty large amount of money recently." The joker says lightly. "Yeah...yeah I did." The man says nervously, looking to see what the joker was staring at. The man lets out a laugh. "You're one lucky guy, you got yourself a bad bad bitch." He says to the joker. The jokers blood begins to boil and he takes his eyes off of Harley, who looks at them as she dances.

"Oh, there she is

"Oh, there she is... She really puts the fun in funeral." The joker hisses. The man looks at him nervously, the joker lets out a soft whistle and soon enough, Harley was at his side. "Puddin!" She says with a chuckle. "Behold, Harley Quinn!" The joker says dramatically. "Come here darling come say hi to our guest." The joker says, helping her up the steps. Harley moves and sits on the mans lap. "Well hi there handsome." She says pushing him back so he's leaning against the booth. "W-what is this?" He says confused. "What? What you don't wanna play? Fine! Don't waste my time then." She says getting off of him, sitting on the opposite side of the booth with a wild smirk. The mans rejection of Harley infuriated the joker. "You didn't want her?" He growls. "That's your lady joker!" The man says shakily. "You're right." The joker gets on is knees next to the man with a wicked smirk.

"That

"That." He points to Harley. "Is my queen." He stands up reaching into his pocket. "And I'm terribly afraid you've just disrespected her." He growls, pulling a gun out, shooting the man in the head. Harley watches as his body drops. "Hmm. What a shame." She says with a shrug. The joker moves to her side, gripping her face before he kisses her hard on the lips. "Come on baby, let's go home." He mumbles as he pulls her towards the stairs. "Clean that up." The joker instructs his henchman before exiting the club. "Long live the king." The man says with a tip of the hat towards the dead mans body.