Chapter Thirteen: Sebastian's position will be in question.

c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n 

s e b a s t i a n ' s p o s i t i o n w i l l b e i n q u e s t i o n 

***

The third time in this day, I entered Sebastian's huge cabin. This time he wasn't sitting in his throne like chair but instead was seated at the comfortable couch at the far end of the cabin. On the coffee table was a red file kept open. Sebastian was going through his phone and I took this time to check him out...for the third time in this day. Sebastian was wearing his blazer this time, looking even more...nevermind.

His jaw was clenched like always and I cleared my throat which made him look up at me. I couldn't ignore the fact that his gaze lingered on my lips a little longer than I would like. Not wanting to bite my lip in front of him, I pursed my lips instead.

'You're not allowed to bite your lip in front of me...or anyone.' Sebastian told me one day while returning from school one day. I stopped biting it immediately.

'Why?' I asked, the foolish soul inside me thinking it in some type of romantic way...maybe he wanted to kiss me when I did that.

'Because every girl who does it looks stupid, including you,' Sebastian answered, rolling his eyes. I nodded in a dejected way. I hit his shoulder playfully telling him to stop calling me stupid.

I shrugged of the memory and walked up to him. He had returned his gaze back to his phone, without me realizing it.

Look back at me, my subconscious yelled.

'Excuse me?' Sebastian said in disbelief.

Shit, did I say that loudly?

'No, sorry, I meant why did you call me back?' What a lame save for your sorry ass, Leah. Way to go.

'Oh yes, that. I thought we'd continue where we left our talk earlier.' Sebastian looked at my blank face and rolled his eyes, 'The talk about Yulu's.'

It was my turn to roll my eyes. He was doing it purposely...he'd loved pissing the shit out of anyone by saying things wrong. I had to fight off the smile that was itching to tug at my lips.

'Yvonne's, sir,' Instead of the professional tone I used, my voice came out as amused.

Sebastian almost smiled...almost being the keyword. His cold demeanor returned once again and he asked me to sit on the couch. As I walked up to the couch, he removed his blazer and rolled up his shirt sleeves. I groaned inwardly; he just turned a trillion times hotter when he did that. I thought of sitting at the further end of the couch but I would have to scoot closer to him, anyway, because I had to explain a few points from the file. So, I sat next to him still maintaining a fair amount of distance between us.

I had an urge of sitting close to him, very close, but I didn't act impulsively, thank the gods for that.

I told him about some clauses of Eric and Kenneth Parker's contract and how the issue of Yvonne's was affecting our business. I had a run through of this contract earlier with Eric Parker's secretary and lawyer, so I knew exactly what to say without stuttering in front of him. I had never seen Eric Parker but Andrea had mentioned once that he looked breathtakingly beautiful...like all the men in the Parker family.