Chapter Nine: Was he asking for a threesome with me and Matt?

c h a p t e r n i n e

w a s h e a s k i n g f o r a t h r e e s o m e w i t h m e a n d m a t t ?

***

I, Leah Hastings, for the first time ever reached the place of my work on time.

Everyone who knew me, that is the whole of Parker Co., stared at me as I walked to my cabin. I guess, I made dramatic entries even when I didn't want to.

The top floor, the main floor, looked extra white today if I was not wrong. It looked extra welcoming and neater. Or maybe it was just that my mind was cleaner after I had removed all the dirt stories of high school.

Or the most logical reason I could come up with was

I had cleaned my spectacles today after two whole weeks of smudging them

I stopped by the coffee maker and made myself a cup of steamy bitter hot coffee.

Just the way you like your men.

My conscience teased.

I went to my cabin and I was surprised to find that Beth hadn't come yet, she was not usually late. But when I saw her handbag kept on her desk, I knew she was here somewhere.

I decided to go to Sebastian's cabin to give him his schedule for the day. Once, twice, thrice I knocked on his door but he didn't answer so I had two options.

1) Go back to my cabin and call him from my intercom and come back in some time.

2) Intrude his privacy and enter.

I obviously went with the latter.

I frowned when I found out that he wasn't in his cabin. And then through the open windows, a sudden breeze came in filling my nose with the pleasant smell of carnations and orchids. I absolutely adored those flowers.

I went to the side desk kept by the window and took a long sniff of the two earthly flowers mixed together and kept in a black water bowl. I liked how the bright colours of the orchids & carnations contrasted against the black bowl. Somebody behind me cleared their throat loudly. I looked behind so fast that I experienced a pain in my neck.

Sebastian was at the door with his 'cold stare that I only give to Leah' look. He looked beyond pissed at that moment and I clenched my jaw.

'Ms. Hastings, what part of you doesn't understand the meaning of privacy?'

'Sorry, sir,'

'Get me a coffee.'

WHAT? I am not your maid, cunt.

Deep breath, Leah

Do not shout at him, he is your boss. You work for him. Besides, he is just asking you to get a coffee for him. You can do that.

'Okay, any specifications, sir?'

Or do you still like the classic espresso with three sugar cubes.

'Espresso with three sugar cubes, please.' He said without looking up from his files. He looked in a good mood today maybe that is why he didn't yell at me today.

When I came out of the cabin, I went straight to the coffee maker and Beth was already there making one for herself. She was dressed in the navy blue blouse, as I suggested her to wear yesterday. She smiled at me.