8. THE ACCEPTANCE

Bismillah.

Wow, more than a hundred reads already. Alhamdulillah! Thank you silent readers. ^____^

This chapter is dedicated to purpleshadow26 for voting for this story. Thank you Sis!

8. The Acceptance

Zai's POV

I opened the door and sure enough it was her.

"Assalamu alaykum Ukhtie," she greeted me warmly and gave me a very big hug.

"Wa alaykumusalam!" I said in response to the black niqabi girl.

She stared at me and I looked into her eyes.

Her eyes were smiling at me and I could not help but appreciate her for that.

"Oh.... Come in," I finally said, opening the door for her to get in.

And then it happened.

She froze upon seeing two men in the living room. She was directly staring at Amir. While Amir stared at her too. Ridzmar appeared to be putting the pieces of puzzle together.

She immediately lowered her gaze and spoke.

"I did not know you had visitors Ukhty Zai. Maybe we can talk some other time."

She was about to turn away when Amir spoke.

"No, no, no. We were just leaving," he said. His voice was a voice of concern for her, sending daggers in my already wounded heart.

He then walked towards our direction, In every step he took seemed like torture to me. I cannot explain it but their nearness made me angry. Oh ya Rabb, help me.

He paused to look at her while I was behind ZJ.

"Send my salam du'a to your Inah," he told her gently as if ZJ was some fragile china cup.

"I will. Assalamu alaykum," ZJ replied.

Now I totally feel left out, like an outsider witnessing a love story going on in front of me.

"Zai, I hope and I pray that you'll accept, I will see you tomorrow night. Jazakillahu khairan," Amir said to me, with sincerity and sadness on his voice. Or maybe I just imagined it to be that way.

My heart pitied him so much as he left. He felt rejected by her, by the niqabi girl beside me. And he thinks 100% that I can help him forget her. Would that ever be fair? To me?

Kah Ridzmar also made his way towards us.

"I would need to visit Dad in his office and tell him about Amir," he said, as if ZJ's presence made no difference.

"The sooner he knows, the better," he continued.

Ridzmar patted my head, a gesture he always does when he worries for me. My eyes wanted to cry again but I held them back in.

"Okay, thank you Kah."

He nodded at ZJ who was still lowering her gaze and left.

"Assalamu alaykum," he said then closed the door behind us.

"So, let's sit?" I asked ZJ and escorted her in the living room.

As soon as she sat, I excused myself for a while and headed towards the kitchen. I needed to be away from her, because it just seems awkward. And I don't know whether to like her or dislike her.