Chapter twenty

He let go of the hug and smiled down at me

He let go of the hug and smiled down at me. He placed his hand on my cheek and the room was silent. We stood there in comfortable silence as we both realized we said what we needed to say and just wanted silence. I smiled at him and stepped back. He grabbed my chart and scanned it over, glanced at me, and then smiled again. I bite my bottom lip and tucked my blonde hair behind my ear and smiled shyly at him. He frowned when I did and I thought I had done something wrong for him to make that expression at me, but I was to nervous to ask what it was. Suddenly, he spoke.

"Do you have something to say?" he asked as he eyed me. I looked at him in confusion. How did he know that I had something to say? I knew I had a habit of tucking my hair a lot when I had something to say, but no one knew that was my habit. He must be some sort of physic because that was so weird. He looked at me and I realized I just stayed silent. I stammered out a reply.

"U-Um I wanted to thank you for what you said," I say as I smiled. My life hitherto was getting strange and I didn't know why but whenever I looked at Dr.Light, it somehow felt like he could make anything better. He smiled and pushed his hair, he leaned against the small table that in front of my hospital bed and spoke.

"You're welcome and if you ever want to talk again, I'll be here," He says but then he suddenly made a lot of hand gestures. I looked at him in surprise because I didn't expect him to do that. "I-I mean I'm not always in this hospital! Well I guess I kinda am since I sleep here a lot but I do go home sometimes to be with my dog. She's really cute and uh...yeah"

He blushed from his embarrassment and I giggled. He chuckled and pushed his hair back. Suddenly we heard the curtain open and we turned around. Panting as if he ran a marathon was Jasper. His face was red as he scanned my body to see if I was alright. He walked swiftly towards me and held my face.

"Hey, are you okay? I-I haven't seen you at all and this stupid hospital wouldn't let me see you until everything was settled," He checked my face and noticed the scar that was on my forehead. He stared at it as if he couldn't believe it was there. I grabbed his chin to force him to look at me.

"Hey, I'm fine, nothing I can't handle," I shrug as I smiled at him to reassure him. He pulled back and clenched his fists as he paced back and forth. He looked back as he did and had this angry look at him.

"He deserves to go to hell for what he was about to do to you! I wish I could've hit him with a rock like you did," he said and before I could say anything, Dr.Light spoke for me.

"Tell me about it," He muttered and Jasper whipped his head back as he noticed Dr.Light for the first time. Dr.Light cleared his throat and held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Dr.Nathaniel Light"

Jasper took out his hand and smiled politely as he shook his hand with his.

"Jasper Griffin, I'm uh...Mer's friend," Jasper said smiling softly. Dr.Light cocked his head to the side in confusion.