Chapter eight

I was finally released from the hospital after Dr.Light told me that I'm finally healthy enough to leave but he told me to take my medicine just in case. After he told me that, we shook each other's hands, his hands were still soft and warm like when I first met him. I didn't want to leave for some reason but I couldn't stay in the hospital any longer so I left with my parents. The ride back home was super long and boring so I decided to check my phone. I had ten unread messages.

ARE YOU OKAY! Jason asked.

Bitch! You better be alive! We can't party without you! Alice texted.

How dare you be in the hospital! Bryan texted.

EXCUSE YOU! WHO TOLD YOU TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL! Allison texted.

I'm so happy you're okay! Grace texted.

We should party knowing that you're not dead :) Charlie texted.

What can I do to skip school like you did? Lol Diana texted.

I'll bring you cookies for being awesome! Leo texted.

How dare you be sick while I was in the classroom alone! Gwen texted.

Party all night knowing that you're finally better! Chloe texted.

I giggled at all of my friends messages and texted them all back. Since all of my friends love to party, I knew we would have one again because that's who we are. I could imagine them planning a party right now. My mom finally parked the car into our driveway. We got out of the car and I walked to the side of my house, and waited for my parents. They finally made it to the porch and my dad open the door, once I walked in, confetti was thrown at my face.

"Surprise!," They all shouted. After I opened my eyes because of the confetti in my face, I grinned at my friends. Jason, Alice, Bryan, Allison, Grace, Charlie, Diana, Leo, Gwen, Chloe and Rachael were here all smiling and whooping at me.

"Oh my God, you guys!," I gushed while covering my mouth. I looked at everyone and they were smiling at me. I heard barking and saw Mickey running down the stairs and placed himself in front of my feet. "And Mickey!"

He wagged his tail at me and he looked he was smiling too. I picked him and he licked my face, I giggled when he was giving me all the kisses.

"We heard you were coming home so we decided to have a welcome home party!," Rachael exclaimed. I laughed at them and hugged them all. Okay, I was really surprised that they would throw a party this quickly. Guess it's because we're teenagers.

"Girl, do you know how boring it was without you!," Chloe said hugging me fiercely. She was squishing the life out of me!

"Chloe, can't breathe!," I muffled. She immediately let go and held on to my arm.

"Oh! Sorry! But seriously it was so boring! Like Mr. Blaine was even more boring than ever without you in it!," She whined, I rolled my eyes at her. Her blond hair was pulled back into a pony tail and she was wearing a beige sweater dress and brown boots. Her tanned skin looked good with it.

"Chloe, you always say that about Mr.Blaine!," I laughed. She threw her hands up and has exasperated look on her face.

"It's true!," She exclaimed. I chuckled and Jason elbowed her. I grinned at Jason's new dyed blonde hair. The red shirt and black jeans went well with his dark skin.

"Okay, that's enough out of you, Emery doesn't wanna hear anything about school, she wants to party," Jason winked at me and I giggled. Alice placed her hands on Jason's shoulders and was on her tippy toes because she was really short and grinned at me.

"Do you know how much food we brought! You better eat it or I will!," Alice said. Alice came from Hawaii but her parents gave her an American name when they moved here when she was born. Alice immediately left to where the food was. Bryan came up to us and placed his arms around Chloe and Jason.

"Heard you had a hot doctor, is he single?," Bryan said while wiggling his eyebrows. Everyone of us was pretty accepting of Bryan being gay, once he told us, we told him we knew he was gay and making bets to see when he would tell us and that we were happy for him. The only thing we were shocked about was that he was Spanish because he did not look spanish!

"Uh I didn't ask," I said shrugging my shoulders. Bryan groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Next time you go to the hospital, ask him!," He groaned. I nodded and saluted to him. Allison came up to him and smacked his head.

"Ow! What was that for," He signed to Allison. She rolled her eyes at him and signed back.

She does not want to go back to the hospital She signed. I giggled and signed back to her.

You got that right! I signed. Allison was born deaf, she told me when I first met but she wrote it instead of signed so I learned sign language just for her. Bryan grumbled and Allison guided him away from me.

Grace skipped over to me and handed me a drink. She grinned at me and I thanked her for the drink.

"So you have a hot doctor," She grinned and I laughed. Her natural red hair bounced as she laughed with me. Grace was Scottish and she had a very thick accent, her parents moved here for a fresh start.

"Apparently, Rachael couldn't keep her eyes off him!," I laughed. Grace bumped my shoulder.

"He must be incredibly hot for Rachael to look at him like that!," She said and I saw Charlie come walk up to us. He wrapped his arm around Grace and kissed her.

"I'm sorry, who's hot?," He asked with his British accent. Grace laughed nervously and looked at him.

"Um, you are babe," She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Smooth," I say but she shushed me. Charlie looked at me and smiled.

"So, how are you?," He asked and I shrugged.

"I could be better, at least I'm not dead," I said and he nodded in understanding. Diana came up to us and smiled.

"Whatcha guys talking about?," She asked as she twirled her strawberry blond hair. She wore a red plaid shirt and black skinny jeans with red converse.

"The hot doctor that Emery got," Grace said and Charlie glared at her. "What? Rachael said it!"

"Ohhh how hot is he?," Diana asked clasping her hands together.

"Okay! Okay, he's pretty hot," I exclaimed and Diana squealed. Grace laughed at her antics. Diana sometimes acted like a child and we found her pretty adorable.

"Ugh, I totally want to meet him," She pouted and I patted her shoulder.

"I'll let you meet him if I ever get sick again," I said softly. Diana jumped and down and hugged me.

"Goodie!," Diana squealed and skipped away. I shook my head at her. I can't with her sometimes. Leo came walked up to us and grinned.

"What's with all the chit chat, we're suppose to be dancing," He said throwing his arms out. I punched his shoulder and he rubbed him in mock hurt.

"We can't really dance in my small living room, we might break something," I said shaking my head. Leo pouted and sighed. Leo was from Egypt and had taken him a long time to learn English, he is really polite though but when it comes to parties, he gets excited. Gwen came up to us and handed us some chips.

"Okay guys, this chips are amazing! Like you need to have some!," Gwen said and we each had some. We agreed with her that it was amazing and she smiled. Gwen is Japanese but just like Alice, her parents gave her an American name. Okay couldn't help but be stereotypical but Gwen is pretty smart. But Gwen isn't like most smart girls, she loves to party.

Rachael came up to me and hugged me. She squeezed me and I did the same.

"Thanks for the party," I whispered. She smiled at me and winked.

"What are best friends for," She whispered back. I was indeed lucky to have amazing friends but it still felt like something was missing. And I didn't know why.