Chapter 11

You left the room after you were convinced that she is safe and sleeping peacefully.

           You had to meet Luke. But now that he too is under disguise, you had to call him Robert. You had to meet him and tell him that the plan shall be executed today. It was the safest time as the security is not very tight today.

       Since the test subject is back and very weak, there was no chance she could escape. Little did they know, there was plan brewing right under their noses.

            Just as you entered the cafeteria, you see Robert sitting on one of the tables, worried. His dark blue eyes look up to meet your nearly black ones and you sensed his anxiety and the guilt.

          Immediately due to the bond, it answered your forth-coming question. And you just smiled. At least he did his job perfectly well. Until now. At the perfect time.

          He got up. "I'm so sorry. I-" "I know!" He tried apologizing but you cut him off. "Plus she is safe right now. She is back in her room." The words that left your mouth eased him to relaxe his tense state.

           You could see that even though they weren't so close, he still loved her and still cared for her. Just that she didn't know. He would never let her fall into the depths of trouble our Fates had secretly planned for us.

            "Is she ok?" He asked softly, the concern hinting in his emotion and tone. And with a small smile, you nod. "Oh! Thank God!"

              No, you couldn't tell him what just happened. He would completely break if he heard. It broke your heart when you saw that. So what would he go through?

      Plus being his soul mate, you would know his exact reaction. So you let it slide.

        He takes you in his embrace and you could feel his slightly fastened heart beat and rhythmic breaths. He let out a deep sigh of relief. You have a small smile hanging on your lips as you hug him back.

           "I'm glad that you are safe..." "Yeah, so am I..." He breathed. You pull back with a frown and hit him in the arm. He chuckles. "I'm kidding, Angel! You know I love you..." He whispered in your ear as he pulls you closer.

         Yeah, your fake back up story doesn't hold anything about each other so it becomes a less suspicious and the eyes wouldn't be on the two of you.

           "I missed you..." You let out as he pulled you in an embrace again. It felt like he didn't want to let you go. He was comfortable in this position. His arms were wrapped around your waist and yours were around his neck. Since you weren't wearing your heels, you were found a bit shorter than him.

            Something which he liked cause he could lovingly look down on you. "And I, you..." His soothing voice hit you hard. You missed it so much. And you could feel yourself getting stronger by his presence. And he felt the same thing. It felt so refreshing and energizing.

          "So when do I get to meet her?" He asked inquisitively with eagerness shining in his eyes. You knew he badly wanted to meet the little girl who eventually had changed our lives upon our realization.

          And he wanted her to know that he was there for her too. The only thing is in her surrounding, she trusts no one but me. And she has never met Luke in her life.

          They hadn't gotten the chance to meet as he was entrusted with the other small animal observations. So he was pretty much very eager to know her. And today was his chance. Cause you were going to make that happen.

          "We are executing the plan today." You state with a smile. And there was change of emotion in the air. "But isn't it too early? What if-"

           "Robert, seven years isn't too early... We are doing it today, no matter what... If it makes you feel better, the feeling is strong. Very strong."

             You knew that what you felt was strong, he could feel it too. And he could see the truth. That you are right. And that there was no better time to execute it.

           "To make it better, we are doing it now..." "Now?" He asked, to make sure that what he had heard was right.

           "Yes, now! Let me prepare the food. When it comes in effect, I'll signal you to do your part." He nodded. His thought of doubt was replaced with the enthusiasm of getting over with it.

              We parted our ways and you go to the kitchen and collect the food prepared for the special girl. As you were convinced that you were out of normal human sight, you slipped in a sedative in the food and mixed it well.

             And then you went in her room, carrying the tray. She had to eat it. You knew she was hungry. You could feel it.

          You place the tray in front of her and gently nudge her to wake up. Being a light sleeper with the animalistic attributes she has, she got up with a yawn and a stretch and sat up when she saw you were here.

          "Hello Angelica! How are you feeling now?" You greet her. "I'm feeling good, Sammy." She let out softly as her grey eyes concentrated on you and they were gleaming bright.

            "See, I got you food." You point out in a very childish approach that she was used to and she looks at the tray. And you hear her stomach growl.

              You laugh as she turned red in embarrassment. "It's ok, Kitty... It happens to everyone." You assure her. "Come, I'll feed you."

             You picked up the spoon, scooped the semi-liquid. She opened her mouth and you put it in. She chewed slowly as you gave tender smile. "So how is the food?" You ask. "It's really good, Sammy... I like it when you cook." She replies.

              And with that you feed her as eagerly she opened her mouth for the next bite. After all it was her tiredness fueled to her hunger, forcing her to eat.

             Midway, when half the food was done, she spoke. "Sammy, can I tell you something?" She asked very softly. You knew she trusted you as you were the only one she could talk freely to, without having the need to be afraid. After all you did do a lot to gain it.

            "Yeah, sure! What do you want to tell me?" You inquire softly. "I missed you, Sammy... A lot." She murmured, her eyes gleaming innocently. And it seemed she spoke out of plain truth.

             "I missed you too..." You admit. And you realize it was said with a tone of certainty. You never realized that she really meant that much to you.

              But as Life had said... 'Distance is what makes the heart fonder...' You never thought you would be the one to experience it with anyone else after Luke. But you did feel it for the little kitty.

             "Did you search for me while I was gone?" She asked curiously, hoping for an answer that would make her feel loved and cared.

              "Yes, I did... Everywhere!" You respond and she gave her angelic smile. Oh, she had no clue what you had done for her. But she was soon about to find out.

               The food quickly got over and Kitty was yawning. You picked up the tray after she rested her back to her bed and you pulled the blanket over her body.

            The sedative was working fast and you needed that effect. She didn't need to know when anything happens for the main plan was to be executed.

         "Good Night, Kitty!" Hearing what you said, she muttered a good night and her eyes drooped down. You look at her once before you leave the room with the empty tray.

        She was completely asleep. And you knew that it all began now...