Chapter XXVII: A New Legend Rises

With his hands in a high guard, Bernard attempts to block the incoming attack from the charging mad soldier. Amaro's attack overpowers the hero. While in the air, Amaro crashes knees-first into Bernard's forearms. Bernard falls to the ground hard while 290 lbs smashes into his exposed chest.

The wind gets knocked out of Bernard's lungs as the pressure from Amaro's knees crushes the bones of the hero's body. As Bernard takes in a huge gasp of air. He is instantly hit with another attack from Amaro. The mad soldier throws a punch to the legendary hero's jaw which causes him to black out for a moment.

After the hero falls his back slamming against the ground wakes him up. But he is also awakened by a series of punches to his head.

The soldier then stops and begins to choke Bernard. Bernard sees the white around the soldier's eyes now black from the virus coursing through his body. He can hear Amaro screaming at him. He tells him, "I thought this would be it! The legendary hero of the great war was gonna take me out! And show me I was wrong! Show me my vision to lead this new world back to its prominence WAS WRONG! Show me the people whom I aligned with WAS WRONG! but look at me now! Still tasting Victory! And not only that. I've got a new army by my side to help me fulfill that vision. Complete with a general that obeys all my orders! and look at you, Bernard. Just like most of my previous opponents. You're left with nothing. No comrades to help you. Despite being a captain of past battles. No will left to fight, despite saving thousands of people. YOU HAVE NOTHING UP YOUR SLEEVE TO SAVE YOU!"

Bernard begins to slip in and out of consciousness. Bernard's hearing begins to check out while Amaro talks to him. The hero thinks to himself, "Damn I guess the recovery time between the first fight with Amaro right until facing off against the golden dragons wasn't enough. What's this fool even saying to me?.... I guess it doesn't matter. This is the end of me then... I had it coming...just hope what I did at the end mattered....my errors...I hope my efforts to correct my failures are enough to grant me a decent afterlife....heh..who am I kidding? I'm fine with being sent to hell as well...Just let me rest for a minute and I'll be out the next round...."

Bernard completely fades out of consciousness while Amaro continues to beat on the legendary hero. The mad soldier sees his opponent completely out and tells himself, "Ahh! With another victory on the board for me. This one will be the biggest...the death of an old legend means a new legend rises!..." Through the use of his hi-tech gauntlet, the mad soldier summons his blade to return to the palm of his hand.

As the weapon returns to his hand, Amaro unsheathes the blade. Then he tells the hero, "Your head will make a perfect trophy after I lop it off. I'll make sure to display it upfront on the training grounds for our future human recruits. So even in death, you will still inspire humanity. Goodbye legend, it was nice knowing ya!"

Amaro's blade ignites its heated Lazer to a fine point on its blade. The mad soldier raises his weapon and swings it swiftly towards the hero's neck. This leaves the mad soldier shocked because he's launched yards away from Bernard by a forceful mysterious attack.

Amaro stabs the ground planting himself firmly on the floor. This stops him from moving too far away from his target and allows him to get a sense of what pushed him away. To his eyes it looks like a homing missile but with the capability of grabbing its target.

While struggling to get the tech off his back, Amaro remembers where this type of tech could have come from. It was Maxwell Caine and his IVO suit! As he realizes this. The piece of tech behind his back turns out to be the Ivo Supremeo suit's arm, which grips Amaro forcefully on the back of the neck. The arm holds him steady while struggling. Amaro hears a loud whistling sound heading towards him. He panics, looking around in every direction only to be hit by the other arm.